The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Symptoms

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Symptoms

Participant

Hi there everyone, I have been having some symptoms and was wondering what you guys think. I am a sophomore in college and have not had any previous cancer history. Both of my parents do have many freckles and moles though. I also have multiple moles and freckles on my body. Probably around 50 per arm or so. My first symptom was two moles on my neck raised and were a little itchy. I didn’t know why they were like that so I just picked at them until they were down to their normal size (I know, I shouldn’t have done that). A month to a month and a half later I started bruising very easily. I would wake up and have 4-10 bruises between my arms and legs that I did not know where they came from. Then two moles on my right arm raised and became inflamed a couple weeks ago so I watched them closely. When I touched, them they were more sensitive than my other ones. They were red around the mole too. After two days, mole number one started to have a dark brown spot that covered about 20% of the mole. The two moles then began to form a scab. I made sure not to touch or pick at them but after about 3 days, mole number one was fully a scab and mole number two was about half a scab, and half still the mole. I went to see a doctor on campus and she thought I was just picking at my arm in my sleep (very unlikely) and she picked off the scab. Under the scab was not a mole anymore! It was like the mole just fell off. The doctor then found a mole on my back that was brown but had a black spot in the center. She was concerned about that one more than the ones on my arm. Besides the bruises and the scabbing of the moles, I feel normal. I was wondering what you guys think this could be. Thank you so much for your help!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies

Hi Katelyn,

If you can please go to the doctor and have these checked.  I'm certainly not qualified to help you out.  I will tell you that I had my suspicious mole removed when I was in my late twenties.  If you are worried enough to post in this forum then you should see a professional if you can.

Take care,

Jennifer

KatelynAmber
          Participant

Thank you for your reply Jennifer, I will be seeing my doctor in about a week and a half. I just wanted some insight as to whether it could actually be melanoma or not. 

ToddG
          Participant

Please go see a dermatologist.  Have the biopsies done if required, and keep us updated.  Get all the information you can from your doctor visits and come here to help sort out what you do not understand.  Good luck!

Todd

VIve
              Participant

Relax, I never had these symptoms for example. Still not sure what has caused me that kind of cancer. sad

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics