The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sunday, December 2, 2012 TV program “CBS Sunday Morning”, around 9 am ET with Dr J. William Harbour on Uveal Melanoma

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Sunday, December 2, 2012 TV program “CBS Sunday Morning”, around 9 am ET with Dr J. William Harbour on Uveal Melanoma

Participant

I was just informed by Dr J. William Harbour, ocular oncologist and researcher at Bascom Palmer in Miami (who did my biopsy), that there will be a special segment on his uveal melanoma cancer research airing this Sunday, December 2, 2012 on the TV program "CBS Sunday Morning", starting around 9 am Eastern time. Feel free to spread the word elsewhere. This will be similar to the earlier NY Times piece on the subject, but much more in depth and personal.

Peter L in Leiden, Netherlands

I was just informed by Dr J. William Harbour, ocular oncologist and researcher at Bascom Palmer in Miami (who did my biopsy), that there will be a special segment on his uveal melanoma cancer research airing this Sunday, December 2, 2012 on the TV program "CBS Sunday Morning", starting around 9 am Eastern time. Feel free to spread the word elsewhere. This will be similar to the earlier NY Times piece on the subject, but much more in depth and personal.

Peter L in Leiden, Netherlands

PS

Think of us European OM patients who will not be able to watch this, not even online repeats, as these get blocked by teh broadcasters for European viewers.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        CURE OM
        Participant

I am bumping this topic back up as a friendly reminder about the program.  Also, CURE OM will be hosting a Q & A session with Dr. Harbour.  More details to follow soon!

CURE OM
          Participant

I am bumping this topic back up as a friendly reminder about the program.  Also, CURE OM will be hosting a Q & A session with Dr. Harbour.  More details to follow soon!

CURE OM
            Participant

parismom
              Participant

a doctor on that show this morning said that there was nothing to be done about ocular melanoma.  he is wrong!  i elected to have them remove my right eye.  of course, i caught it at stage one.  it was totally encapsulated.  i was 23 and very lucky.  i don't know how old you are, or the details of your case, but don't give up.

losing an eye is nothing.  believe me.

parismom
                Participant

a doctor on that show this morning said that there was nothing to be done about ocular melanoma.  he is wrong!  i elected to have them remove my right eye.  of course, i caught it at stage one.  it was totally encapsulated.  i was 23 and very lucky.  i don't know how old you are, or the details of your case, but don't give up.

parismom
                  Participant

ThatHomeschoolDad
                    Participant

I watched it and was not terribly impressed.  The whole topic was just about genetic testing, with Harbour's test cited as one of the most accurate.  Nothing new to see here.  I wouldn't expect a flood of public interest in OM.

–Tom

parismom
                        Participant

tom – yes, i totally agree.  what got my attention was the comment about eye cancer.  that's all.  thanks for your note.

abby

parismom
                          Participant

tom – yes, i totally agree.  what got my attention was the comment about eye cancer.  that's all.  thanks for your note.

abby

parismom
                            Participant

abby

ThatHomeschoolDad
                            Participant

I watched it and was not terribly impressed.  The whole topic was just about genetic testing, with Harbour's test cited as one of the most accurate.  Nothing new to see here.  I wouldn't expect a flood of public interest in OM.

–Tom

ThatHomeschoolDad
                              Participant

–Tom

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics