The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still out here (stage IIb, 2009)

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Still out here (stage IIb, 2009)

Participant
      Hi guys,

Sorry for not getting back here, you have helped me in the past through some difficult times.

My melanoma story started in 1991 when i had my first mole removed (which turned out to be melanoma). It was thick, but the only check done at that time was the 3 months check.
      Fast forward to 2008, when i noticed a mole changing.
      Went to a dermatologist in May to have it checked. He told me it looked totally fine. However, i wanted it removed, which he did in September.

In September it turned out to be melanoma after all. SND turned out to be uncertain, but they thought it was ok.
      In 2009 (July) i felt a lump in my lymph nodes, which turned out to be cancer.

I participated in a double blind trial with ipilimumab (10 mg).
      After getting a collitis after the 4th infusion i was certain i was on the ipi side. I ended the trial after 8 infusions as a result of side effects.

Last year the trial was unblinded and i happed to be in the placebo group.
      So even more than before, happy to be out here.

Yesterday i went for my yearly check which resulted in either the removal or a punch biopsy today.
      In the last 10 years they removed one mole which was atypical and i had many pictures taken and reviewed after a couple of months.
      Getting nervous…

I’m so glad the developments continued so even if things turn out to be cancer again, the situation today is so much better than it was 11 years ago.

Let’s hope for the best. Results to be discussed on the 26th.
      Sabine

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        swissie
        Participant
          Its not possible to change after posting, right?
          I’m stage IIIb instead of II.
            hxcadam
            Participant
              I was going to ask because you said they found it in your Lymphnodes. Glad you’re still here and that’s pretty weird you got colitis on the placebo arm. Wonder if someone messed up.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics