The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Started Braf clinical trial

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Started Braf clinical trial

Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

I started Braf clinical trial Vemurafenib last weds.  I am doing this thru Mass General and Doctor Lawrence.  So far no side effects except tired.  Def been STRONGLY warned about all the skin issues that might pop up rashes, skin sensitivity and growing things on my body ugh.  I can tell it is already working as lump in my breast is almost gone already.  I am psyched as we are leaving this weekend to our annual camping trip (cabins so not quite camping) to cooperstown ny and enjoy the peace and quiet it is soo beautiful out there and of course will venture in to town to do the basebal thing 🙂  perfect timing for me and my kids(in their 20s but still my kids)   and of course being a former bostonian – we are psyched red sox are doing soo well – sorry yankees fans 🙂

take care everyone, you are all in my prayers

laurie from maine

ps my sister who is currently battling stage 3 breast cancer is doing awesome with her recovery from surgery – been told she is a "rock star" by her doctors she is truly amazing!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant

Laurie      I hope that the Braf clinical trial will continue to shrink those melanoma cells, glad to hear that you feel it is already working. Enjoy your vacation, we love baseball so cooperstown holds a special place in our hearts.  I am a Red Sox fan and my husband is a Yankee fan (from Long Island, so cant help himself), anyway we enjoy the competition.  Glad to hear that your sister is also doing better.  God Bless!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
          Participant

Laurie      I hope that the Braf clinical trial will continue to shrink those melanoma cells, glad to hear that you feel it is already working. Enjoy your vacation, we love baseball so cooperstown holds a special place in our hearts.  I am a Red Sox fan and my husband is a Yankee fan (from Long Island, so cant help himself), anyway we enjoy the competition.  Glad to hear that your sister is also doing better.  God Bless!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics