The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV – DX in 2005, NED since 2009

Forums Caregiver Community Stage IV – DX in 2005, NED since 2009

Participant

Annual scans in January showed that I'm still NED after 10 years.  Diagnosed at Stage IV in Aug 2005, surgeries, radiation, IL-2, and two trials – the last being IPI 10mg/kg compassionate use trial – led me to NED in Jan 2009.  2 addt'l years of treating side effects – heavy steriods for 18 mos plus other stuff during a time when my husband was also diagnosed with cancer (2010 – Kidney – he's NED too). 

Still here, working full time, praying and trying to not take precious life for granted.

Stay strong – all of you in the fight and/or the caregivers out there! 

Hang in there!

Rocco

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        GeoTony
        Participant

Inspiring news for us all

lkb
          Participant

Hooray, Rocco!  Thanks for the boost.

AnxiousDad
            Participant
              Rocco,

You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for posting this.

sister of patient
              Participant

Great to know!! Thank you for posting your news and congratulations and best wishes to both of you!! 🙂

Barb

WITom
                  Participant

Congrats & so happy for both you and your husband! I am especially interested in your success as I am also an ipi 10 mg responder – NED since Nov 2012. 

Everyday is indeed a blessing!!

Tom

Rocco
                    Participant
                      Nice to meet you, Tom. I’m so glad to hear that it worked for you as well! Stay well!
                    jbronicki
                    Participant

Rock on Rocco!  I'm so glad you came through the treatments and are here living life to the fullest!

Bubbles
                      Participant

Congrats!  May all side effects and cancers stay gone!!!!  Thanks for sharing! Celeste

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics