The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

six month follow-up

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community six month follow-up

Participant

Well, my three month follow-up in October was pretty good, with only a few spots on my face treated with cryosurgery. The six month followup today had a larger yield – five cryosurgery sites treated on my forehead, but also two biopsies done as well. One was the largest bump on my forehead, and the other was on the bridge of my nose.

Well, my three month follow-up in October was pretty good, with only a few spots on my face treated with cryosurgery. The six month followup today had a larger yield – five cryosurgery sites treated on my forehead, but also two biopsies done as well. One was the largest bump on my forehead, and the other was on the bridge of my nose. The biopsy results will not be received by the dermatologist 'til the end of this week, but I have an appointment with the skin surgeon early next week for a post-surgery check, and so if the biopsies show more cancer, I'm sure he'll deal with it then.

I moved my dermatology six month follow up earlier by four days because I was concerned about a few new moles at the site of the melanoma surgery scar (the "mark of Zorro" on my back.) I told him I was feeling a bit vulnerable, and he said not to worry about coming in sooner … because, he said, you've had all three types of skin cancer and surgery for each in just the past six months. Basal, Squamous, and Melanoma … all different sites, and multiple sites. You have reason to look carefully and come in when you're worried. The mole on my back was not cancer, which was the good news for the day.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Hi CHalknpens,

Hello, just read your profile and now I understand your chalknpens name!  Thank you for your years of teaching and the huge contribution you've  made to our kids!   My daughter is a 3rd grade teacher and sadly,  I am just learning how much it takes to be a teacher…..thought it was all about the chalks n pens!   Well, now I know differently and I have a new appreciation and much more admiration for the teaching profession and the commitment for the love of kids!  It could only be that,  as there are not many incentives to be a teacher, my heart sings praise  for teachers!

Sounds like you are in good care with your doctor and he is very supportive of  your level of concern,  considering your experience with 3 types of skin cancer!  Good for you to stay vigilent and congrats on the Good News of the day!

Best wishes,

Swanee

NYKaren
            Participant
              Boy, you certainly have been through a lot. I’m so glad the biopsy on your back was negative!
              Take care,
              Karen
              NYKaren
              Participant
                Boy, you certainly have been through a lot. I’m so glad the biopsy on your back was negative!
                Take care,
                Karen
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Take care,
                  Karen
                  chalknpens
                  Participant

Thanks, Swanee.  It's said that you can't really understand a teacher's work or motivation until you've lived with a teacher, so I guess that's true for you and your daughter. 

I'm very glad that the mole on my back is 'nothing' (for now, at least ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll know by Monday whether the biopsies on my nose and forehead are anything to warrant surgery. 'til then, back to the quilt I'm making for the MS Walk in Natick, MA this May. Beautiful colors keep my happy!

chalknpens
                    Participant

Thanks, Swanee.  It's said that you can't really understand a teacher's work or motivation until you've lived with a teacher, so I guess that's true for you and your daughter. 

I'm very glad that the mole on my back is 'nothing' (for now, at least ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll know by Monday whether the biopsies on my nose and forehead are anything to warrant surgery. 'til then, back to the quilt I'm making for the MS Walk in Natick, MA this May. Beautiful colors keep my happy!

chalknpens
                      Participant

Swanee
                      Participant

Hi CHalknpens,

Hello, just read your profile and now I understand your chalknpens name!  Thank you for your years of teaching and the huge contribution you've  made to our kids!   My daughter is a 3rd grade teacher and sadly,  I am just learning how much it takes to be a teacher…..thought it was all about the chalks n pens!   Well, now I know differently and I have a new appreciation and much more admiration for the teaching profession and the commitment for the love of kids!  It could only be that,  as there are not many incentives to be a teacher, my heart sings praise  for teachers!

Sounds like you are in good care with your doctor and he is very supportive of  your level of concern,  considering your experience with 3 types of skin cancer!  Good for you to stay vigilent and congrats on the Good News of the day!

Best wishes,

Swanee

Swanee
                        Participant

Hi CHalknpens,

Best wishes,

Swanee

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics