The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scanxiety!

Forums General Melanoma Community Scanxiety!

Participant

Here we go! My wife is having her first brain scan and chest MRI tomorrow since her CLND in May. Actually, she had a lung MRI in July before starting treatment and nothing showed up. We're hoping the headaches that come and go are from side effects from pembro and stress.This Wednesday will be her 5th infusion of Pembro. We're fortunate to have a great Oncology Team (SCCA here in Seattle). Her doctor was able to get pembro covered as an adjuvant therapy for what as far as we know now is stage 3. She had I think 18 lymph nodes taken out from her left groin area on May 4th. One we knew had melanoma in it and one other node had a few melanoma cells, everything else was clear.

I guess it's time to see if Pembro is working and keeping any cancer cells from making an appearance!

Jeff

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        guynamedbilly
        Participant
          I hope for the best for you two, and know how you feel. My first scan after my July surgery is Thursday. It seems she has done well in treatment so take that as a good sign.
          jagstter
          Participant

Hope & prayers for a good report! It sounds like you have a good Team 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics