The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Probably off-topic

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Probably off-topic

Participant

Hello.  I don’t expect to get an answer here, but, who knows, maybe someone has some ideas.  Lots of knowledge floating around here.

Has anyone experience pricking all over their body after their WLE?  I started getting this not-continual-but-regular pricking sensation after my WLE/SLNB and PET scan, but before I’d started my immunotherapy (so it’s not from the nivo/ipi, although it has continued since I started with that, for five weeks or so now).   It’s most frequent on the hands, but also on feet, torso, face, neck, etc.  I’ve – of course – been reading on-line, and they say that liver problems can cause this, so – always expecting the worst – I thought maybe it was melanoma spread to the liver, but my scans have all been clean (and my blood tests for the clinical trial have all been normal).  I thought maybe it was something in the PET scan fluid, but the nurse tells me that that would have all been out of the system in a few days.  Originally, I chalked it up to flat out nerves, but I’m truly not that anxious right now.  I’ve had operations before, and I’ve never had a problem with anesthesia or latex or whatever.  I suppose it could have nothing to do with my melanoma and associated operations, scans, etc, (like suddenly developing MS) but the timing would be truly strange.  I don’t think I’ve changed shampoo, detergent, etc.

I’m just wondering about this WLE.  My mole was about the size of my thumb in the middle of my back, and I think the doctor said that they were going to take twice its width on both sides, which seems like a lot of skin.  I’m just wondering if they could have done some nerve damage during something like that?  If so, could it manifest itself in other parts of the body, like my face or hands?   What about the lymph nodes?  They took them out on both sides.  Kind of grasping for straws, but I can’t think of what would cause this.  Ideas appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics