The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Possible recurrence Please help??

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Possible recurrence Please help??

Participant
      Hi All,
      I’m a long time lurker but love this forum so much. The amount of information and support you all give is amazing!

I was first diagnosed in 2010 mole on my left arm.
      2013 found lump under left arm. Melanoma confirmed. Lymph nodes removed.
      2017 routine CT scan found melanoma in lymph nodes in my chest. Not operable. Began IPI/Nivo.
      Lymph nodes flared up then went back down stable for over 2 years.
      May 2019 CT scan shows original lymph nodes stable. Inflammation on my chest that the radiographer is sure isn’t melanoma however the lymph nodes next to the inflammation are slightly enlarged.
      I’m Braf positive. My oncologist has decided to repeat the scan in 8 weeks!! She has also started talking about moving to Braf drugs if the the scan comes back with progression! I can’t believe this I really though over 2 years stable I might have a chance of staying with my girls.
      She asked me if I’d been feeling unwell, but I haven’t. Ive just started exercising after 20 years and i sometimes feel a bit wheezy afterwards but haven’t been unwell. Since starting Immunotherapy and getting over the initial problems i’ve been in good health.

Any advise would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you all

Sam xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Tracyyy
        Participant
          Hi Sam! Fingers crossed for good results on your next scan! My mother has similar problem with inflamed lymph nodes. She is stage 3C and on a trial Dab/Tram + spartalizumab for a year now with good results. However, she got enlarged lymph nodes in her chest, which are different on each scan – bigger, than smaller, then bigger again, now they are smaller. Could it be caused by immunotherapy? Initial nodes in her pelvis disappeared and that is why we think it might be inflammation.
            sami210
            Participant
              Hi Tracyyy,

I hope your Mother is doing well?. Melanoma is such a horrible disease. I hope it’s just inflammation but I don’t hold out much hope. I’ve been stable with no inflammation of over 2 years. I did initially have inflammation in my first scan which then settled back down but is it likely after 2 years stable it’s just inflammation?

Thank you for your reply

Sam x

obtu.bt
            Participant
              Hi Sam,
              I just wonder if you had only 4 combo of IPI/NIVO then stop it? or you continue with nivo for 2 years as well?
                sami210
                Participant
                  Hi, I’ve just finished my last Nivo treatment after being on it for 2 years the day before the scan was carried out.

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it x

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics