The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Possible nodule melanoma

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Possible nodule melanoma

Participant

I have had a growth for a few months get large somewhat quick. Started small and over 4 months got larger,  I whacked it playing a sport filled with dark bloodlike liquid, and clear fluid came out. Had it removed waiting for biopsy.  Derm did not seem to concerned, thought it was irritated cherry mole. however the quick growth and clear fluid were concerning, and I've read people are diagnosed without concern from doctor/derm. Anyone have experience with amelanotic nodular melanoma? Waiting for biopsy is steasful

Phtotos attached one is with dark liquid.. one is prior to biopsy after it broke.

https://ibb.co/kdsBT6
      https://ibb.co/keL9Fm

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MichelleRHG
        Participant
          Mine was nodular and small diameter but very hard. Waiting is the worst. Good luck to you and keep in mind treatments are getting better all the time. Hopefully your biopsy will be benign!
            Tjvcc
            Participant

Thanks, what is hard? Mine was firm. If I took a pair of glasses and pressed it would flatten out and just turn into my normal skin color. When I let go it would pot back up and turn red. 

Janner
              Participant

So when a lesion changes from red to white when you push on it, it means it is blood filled.  Cherry hemangioma or similar terms.  Basically when blood vessels are closer to the surface of the skin than is normal.  It's usually a very good sign if when you press it – it changes color. 

KMick
              Participant

Mine was Nodular Amelanotic.  "Popped" up from a mole I'd had for probably 35 plus years.  Just started getting really crusty, painful and would bleed easily when I messed with it.  When I would press down it remained solid and the color of a pink pencil eraser.  Don't know if that helps.  As you know the waiting is so hard.  Hang in there.

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics