The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Phil S/Biochemo-good news

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community Phil S/Biochemo-good news

Participant
      Quick background, Phil was diagnosed with mucosal melanoma two years ago, became Stage IV with lung mets in July, and then a brain tumor the end of September. Phil had craniotomy and WBR and I got us to MD Anderson in November, he has completed two rounds of biochemo here in Texas. Yesterday, we learned the wonderful news that his scans show stable brain MRI, and his CAT scan shows significant shrinkage on all his body mets, the doctor was thrilled, we are too!

Quick background, Phil was diagnosed with mucosal melanoma two years ago, became Stage IV with lung mets in July, and then a brain tumor the end of September. Phil had craniotomy and WBR and I got us to MD Anderson in November, he has completed two rounds of biochemo here in Texas. Yesterday, we learned the wonderful news that his scans show stable brain MRI, and his CAT scan shows significant shrinkage on all his body mets, the doctor was thrilled, we are too! When we got to Houston in November, Phil’s cancer was spreading fast and the doctor said to us, we need to change its direction, so we feel that direction has definitely changed for now! Phil just started his 3rd round of biochemo, and feels motivated to get thru this tough treatment now that we know it’s working. He only really complains about fatigue, but I tell him that’s totally normal between brain surgery, radiation, and biochemo. He still is able to work a little over one week in each 21 day cycle. So, we fight another day, and keep in mind all the warriors we have lost and all those currently in the battle right along side of us! God Bless and Happy New Year! Valerie (Phil’s wife)

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

Yes! Yes! Yes!  This is great news….better than lottery news I think!  Keep it up ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

Yes! Yes! Yes!  This is great news….better than lottery news I think!  Keep it up ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope

hope4cure1
            Participant

Hope

jag
              Participant

Valerie, very happy for you.  I watch these boards and feel like an anachronism.  Biochemo is no fun, but it worked for me too, if you check my patnet, plenty more came after, but I hung in there and it was worth it..  I went through it in 2006, and I'm still around.  e-mail me if I can be of any help, and God Bless

John

SuzannefromCA
                  Participant

John,

Like you, I went through Biochem with IL-2 for a year and a half in 2006. 5 years NED! Keep on keeping on!!

Valerie,

It is a really tough ride with Biochemo, but I was given 6 to 9 months to live back in November of 2006. Best wishes that Phil beats the beast!

Prayers to you both to get through the tough times!

Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                    Participant

John,

Like you, I went through Biochem with IL-2 for a year and a half in 2006. 5 years NED! Keep on keeping on!!

Valerie,

It is a really tough ride with Biochemo, but I was given 6 to 9 months to live back in November of 2006. Best wishes that Phil beats the beast!

Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                      Participant

John,

Valerie,

Suzanne

jag
                      Participant

Valerie, very happy for you.  I watch these boards and feel like an anachronism.  Biochemo is no fun, but it worked for me too, if you check my patnet, plenty more came after, but I hung in there and it was worth it..  I went through it in 2006, and I'm still around.  e-mail me if I can be of any help, and God Bless

John

jag
                        Participant

John

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Rough treatment but can be a great one too.  Love to hear such news!

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics