The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET scan tomorrow

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community PET scan tomorrow

Participant

I'm really nervous.  So far all I know is that I have a lump under the skin and in the lymph nodes.  I'm also starting radiation tomorrow to take care of the large lump before they remove it – they want to "sterilize" the surrounding tissue so the surgery won't have to be as extensive. 

I'm ready to fight this stupid cancer – I've spent the last two weeks in mental hell waiting for the fight to begin. 

It is mostly the success that others have experienced in their battle that helps me keep going. 

I'm really nervous.  So far all I know is that I have a lump under the skin and in the lymph nodes.  I'm also starting radiation tomorrow to take care of the large lump before they remove it – they want to "sterilize" the surrounding tissue so the surgery won't have to be as extensive. 

I'm ready to fight this stupid cancer – I've spent the last two weeks in mental hell waiting for the fight to begin. 

It is mostly the success that others have experienced in their battle that helps me keep going. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        ValinMtl
        Participant

Wishing you all the best tomorrow Linda.  I just had two scans this week, one bone and one CT stomach, pelvis etc….as you are, I'm nervous out of my mind about results since I've had so much progression….but if all's well, on to ipi.  As Joe says…scans are a good thing but the worrying about results is always there. Let's get out there and destroy this beast!!!  Val

ValinMtl
          Participant

Wishing you all the best tomorrow Linda.  I just had two scans this week, one bone and one CT stomach, pelvis etc….as you are, I'm nervous out of my mind about results since I've had so much progression….but if all's well, on to ipi.  As Joe says…scans are a good thing but the worrying about results is always there. Let's get out there and destroy this beast!!!  Val

JenM
            Participant
              Good luck tomorrow Linda. Will be praying for you.
              JenM
              Participant
                JenM
                Participant
                  JenM
                  Participant
                    BethA in VA
                    Participant

Put yourself in a calm, peaceful place while you have the scan.  I always imagine I am on the deck of a cruise ship looking at the beautiful ocean.  It makes me calm.  Good luck tomorrow.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Beth

BethA in VA
                      Participant

Put yourself in a calm, peaceful place while you have the scan.  I always imagine I am on the deck of a cruise ship looking at the beautiful ocean.  It makes me calm.  Good luck tomorrow.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Beth

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics