The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Paranoid!

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Paranoid!

Participant
      Alright, so I noticed a pretty large lump appear on my groin area pretty much over night 2 nights ago. It was three different colors. (Flesh, red and blueishblack) I googled it while waiting for my so to get home from work and the only thing I could find that looked similar (pretty close actually to it) was nodular melanoma. When he got home from work we went to urgent Care because I don’t have a primary care provider. The person who saw me basically said it felt like a superficial cyst and referred me to a general surgeon to have it cut off. My appointment to see the general surgeon is Tuesday.
      I’m now just super paranoid and worried. I took a shower earlier and when I went to get out of the shower it started to bleed. (It’s still slowly bleeding now like 4.5 hours later) Because it has been bleeding, it has kind of flattened out now. I read nodular melanomas can bleed, but when they do do they flatten out like the bump I have seems to do?
      If it is a cyst like urgent care thought, has anyone heard of a cyst colored like that?

I’ve been taking pictures to document it, I don’t mind posting them if that’s okay.

I’m not looking for a diagnosis but just wondering if anyone has heard of or seen a bump like this and if it ended up being a cyst or nudular melanoma?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

A cyst is just a fluid filled sac.  This sounds like it is more blood filled.  This doesn't sound like nodular melanoma, it sounds like "a fluid filled sac".   First rapid growth then deflation, a cyst sounds much more likely.  Nodular melanoma is going to be a solid tumor.  Yes, the top can bleed but that is usually not an immediate symptom, it tends to be on lesions that have had a longer time to grow.  Go with the most likely explanation first and that wouldn't be nodular melanoma (which is actually quite rare relatively speaking).

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics