The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Our story and a question

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Our story and a question

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hello beautiful people, I am new here although I have been eagerly reading your posts for the past three years and this forum has been a tremendous help to our fight, in many ways.

My husband's fight with melanoma began in 2014. We live in a Greek island and the sun appeared to only be a good friend here, sunscreen was  an unknown word for locals who want to fish and enjoy the sea. He had a mole on his back that started bleeding in 2014 and it was melanoma. Surgery followed, margins and nodes clear. In 2016 two in transit lymph nodes were removed. Started Yervoy, failed, Taf+Mek followed, worked for about a year and he is now on Keytruda for about 8 months . He is perfectly well, no side effects and stable- not NED.My question is: he has two small stable in transit  lymph nodes, the biggest of which (9 mm) has been exactly the same size since 2016. Could this mean it is inactive or just dead cells? Isn't it strange that it hasn't changed a bit for so long- never bigger, never smaller? 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics