The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ocular melanoma treatment

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community ocular melanoma treatment

Participant

ocular melanoma June 2010, brachytherapy July 2010, mets to abdominal lymph nodes March 2012

ipilimumab Sept/Nov 2012, radiation March/Apr 2013, partial response by April 2012 but progressin in July.

I am about to retreat with ipilimumab, and hopefully stereotactiic radiation. How can I learn about best sequence, number of treatments, best practice in timing please?  Who are the experts?

Kathleen, if you are out there, could you please ask Dr. Flaherty for me?   Peace,Nigel

ocular melanoma June 2010, brachytherapy July 2010, mets to abdominal lymph nodes March 2012

ipilimumab Sept/Nov 2012, radiation March/Apr 2013, partial response by April 2012 but progressin in July.

I am about to retreat with ipilimumab, and hopefully stereotactiic radiation. How can I learn about best sequence, number of treatments, best practice in timing please?  Who are the experts?

Kathleen, if you are out there, could you please ask Dr. Flaherty for me?   Peace,Nigel

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Zan
        Participant

I know you are asking about the reintroduction of ipi combined with radiation. One thing you may want to consider at some point is TIL therapy for ocular melanoma at NIH. They currently have a clinical trial for ocular mel. I don't know if you live near Bethesda, Marylland, but treatment and transportation to NIH is covered by the trial once you are accepted. We are in California and go there for my niece's TIL therapy (hers is regular stage 4 mel, not ocular). Just wanted to share this in case it could be of any help to you. Here is the link to the trial:

http://bethesdatrials.cancer.gov/clinical-research/search_detail.aspx?ProtocolID=NCI-13-C-0093

Zan
          Participant

I know you are asking about the reintroduction of ipi combined with radiation. One thing you may want to consider at some point is TIL therapy for ocular melanoma at NIH. They currently have a clinical trial for ocular mel. I don't know if you live near Bethesda, Marylland, but treatment and transportation to NIH is covered by the trial once you are accepted. We are in California and go there for my niece's TIL therapy (hers is regular stage 4 mel, not ocular). Just wanted to share this in case it could be of any help to you. Here is the link to the trial:

http://bethesdatrials.cancer.gov/clinical-research/search_detail.aspx?ProtocolID=NCI-13-C-0093

Zan
            Participant

Tamils
              Participant

Also strongly consider a clinical trial with selumetinib or a next-generation MEK inhibitor, which is the only treatment that has been proven to have an effect on metastatic ocular melanoma.

Tamils
                Participant

Also strongly consider a clinical trial with selumetinib or a next-generation MEK inhibitor, which is the only treatment that has been proven to have an effect on metastatic ocular melanoma.

Tamils
                  Participant

POW
                    Participant

Nigel, did you know that there is a special forum for ocular melanoma patients here? If you click on "Community Central" above you will find the "Cure OM" forum. 

POW
                      Participant

Nigel, did you know that there is a special forum for ocular melanoma patients here? If you click on "Community Central" above you will find the "Cure OM" forum. 

POW
                        Participant

Tamils
                          Participant

The Cure OM forum is mostly inactive.  My father has OM, and I found this main board to be extremely helpful.

Tamils
                            Participant

The Cure OM forum is mostly inactive.  My father has OM, and I found this main board to be extremely helpful.

Tamils
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics