The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ocular Melanoma stage 2a

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Ocular Melanoma stage 2a

Participant

I was diagnosed with ocular melanoma H 5mm, W.11.5mm and 12.12mm, on 7/2017, scheduled for plaque insertion 8/4 and 

6 days in hospital. I would like to hear from someone who has had this procedure so as to better 

understand the immediate post -op manifestations, such as vision, pain, comfortability etc.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        both eyes open
        Participant

Good Luck, you're gonna need it. Maybe you'll make it, maybe not.

Elizabeth McBride
            Participant

This is not a very supportive reply. I did well with plaque and am now 14 years out from treatment. My tumor was about the same size as the original poster.

Marinelatrp
              Participant

So u did that 14 years ago and did radiotherapy? What happened to your Sighinolfi? Was it affected; Did u lose your Sight? My husband was diagnosed with choroidal melanoma on The left eye; was The radio painful.  Any side effects? They suggested adrotherapy ( bombing of protones) in Nizza in france or here in Italy in Pavia: could you give a more elaborate description of The process? We are literally freaking out; he is 33 and we have a son of 3 yrs old, he works and maintains su ; I am literally unemployed; we are hoping for a misdiagnose, i head a guy was told it was not a melanoma but a blood blister in The choroid:

any word would be helpful, any advice , Simply anything

Marinelatrp
                Participant

I meant what happened to your sight?  My hubby maintains us , i heard a guy Who was misdiagnosed; blood tests are all ok; his melanoma is 5,95 mm more or less like yours 

we are having The MRI done this week

Elizabeth McBride
                  Participant

I had always had poor vision and wore thick glasses, my vision was 20/400 in each eye. Initially after plaque I gradually lost more vision that couldn'tbe corrected with glasses. My vision became such I only saw light and dark, and shadows. This lasted about 3 years. Then I was able to have the radiation induced cataract removed, a prosthetic lens inserted, and nowmy vision is 20/70, the best it's ever been in my life. Some people don't lose vision, some do. It epends on the location of the tumor and the amount of radiation damage. Good luck to your husband with his MRI.

Viewing 0 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics