The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Not currently diagnosed, but waiting on biopsy results.

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Not currently diagnosed, but waiting on biopsy results.

Participant
      Hello,

I have not currently been diagnosed with melanoma, but I’m waiting on a few biopsies. I’m only 29. Unfortunately as a teen, I I used tanning beds here and there. It was never consistent and I haven’t been in one in at least several years, but I know the damage they cause now. I didn’t know then.

The most suspicious looking spot on my skin was no bigger than a freckle, but the shape was weird and had two colors. The derm I went to see said she was “okay with watching it”, but I had said I didn’t know how long it had been there, so she did a punch hole excision. It presented no symptoms. I would say it was no bigger than 2 mm length wise and 1 mm width wise. Seemingly innocuous based on the small size, but I know these things can start out small.

Looking at my left thigh, I also noticed a dark freckle. It is no bigger than a small dot, it’s round, but it has a darker brown center and it’s lighter aound the edges. I don’t like the looks of it and set up an appointment to hopefully get that excised and biopsied as well. The derm that did the first excision said the one on my thigh was nothing to worry about, but I’m stressing. I can’t really eat or sleep.

Is it possible to have 2 melanomas at the same time? I have one mildly dysplastic nevus so I know my body makes weird moles, but I don’t feel good about this. I currently feel like my life will be ending soon literally and figuratively if I’m diagnosed with this. I don’t think I can handle that being 29 years young. I guess I’m looking for feedback/advice. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          Really, the best thing you can do is to wait for biopsy results, avoid the sun, and keep watch on your skin. Always have suspicious moles removed.

Yes, it is possible two have two unrelated or unrelated melanomas removed.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics