The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New tumors found

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community New tumors found

Participant

My appointment at UW madison was this past Monday, the MRI showed no cancer in the brain that was good but the cat scan showed a large tumor in my lymph node under the arm where I had the surgery to remove ALL the lymph nodes so I thought! we can't feel it yet but it is there. Also showed a subq in my stomach. I guess the good news is that it is not in any vital organ now.

My appointment at UW madison was this past Monday, the MRI showed no cancer in the brain that was good but the cat scan showed a large tumor in my lymph node under the arm where I had the surgery to remove ALL the lymph nodes so I thought! we can't feel it yet but it is there. Also showed a subq in my stomach. I guess the good news is that it is not in any vital organ now. Since Dr did not have a previous cat scan to compare with he is just going to watch right now, in 4 weeks will have to return for blood work and a skin check then in another 4 weeks repeat the cat scan to see if any tumors have shrunk since the Yervoy has a delayed response we are hoping for the tumors to shrink and if not then will discuss what treatment I will have in the meantime I think hubby and I will take a trip for the 2 weeks that we have free. I can not have my fourth Yervoy infusion since I had such a bad reaction after the 3rd one so hoping that was enough to respond.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

So sorry to hear the scans were not as good as you would have liked.  Did you take copies of your old scans with you from the other hospital?

Enjoy yourself for these 2 weeks as you deserve a break and some enjoyment in life before you trek on to your next phase.  I hope they find something that will work or that the Yervoy is working.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

yoopergirl
            Participant

I did not have any cat scans done before and he just had the pet scan to compare and that was not very clear at all so he is using this scan as a base so won't know anything for 2 months. Marshfield did send all the scans and resports. Thanks so much I don't know what I would have done without this site and the support of others. 

yoopergirl
              Participant

I did not have any cat scans done before and he just had the pet scan to compare and that was not very clear at all so he is using this scan as a base so won't know anything for 2 months. Marshfield did send all the scans and resports. Thanks so much I don't know what I would have done without this site and the support of others. 

yoopergirl
                Participant

Gene_S
                Participant

So sorry to hear the scans were not as good as you would have liked.  Did you take copies of your old scans with you from the other hospital?

Enjoy yourself for these 2 weeks as you deserve a break and some enjoyment in life before you trek on to your next phase.  I hope they find something that will work or that the Yervoy is working.

Gene_S
                  Participant

ElaineLinn
                    Participant

I am so sorry that things are not working out the way you want. I am also going through the same thing. Yervoy is not working for me either, my lung tumors have doubled in size , they have also found new places in my stomach but my liver is back to normal and no evidence of the diese there. So the next step now is to get this radiation behind me and start a new treatment. We have to do all we can do to fight this battle and try and live a normal life. I know how hard this is on you and your family and want you to know that you are in my though prayers .

ElaineLinn
                      Participant

I am so sorry that things are not working out the way you want. I am also going through the same thing. Yervoy is not working for me either, my lung tumors have doubled in size , they have also found new places in my stomach but my liver is back to normal and no evidence of the diese there. So the next step now is to get this radiation behind me and start a new treatment. We have to do all we can do to fight this battle and try and live a normal life. I know how hard this is on you and your family and want you to know that you are in my though prayers .

ElaineLinn
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics