The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

mucosal melanoma

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community mucosal melanoma

Participant

My wife had vaginal mucosal melanoma.  Treated with surgery and 3 rounds of Bio-Chemo at MD Anderson.  It now appears she may have a met to the lung.  Genetically her tumor is NRAS mutation, WT for BRAF.

I am looking for alternatives for treatment under the following circumstances:  the tumor is not surgically recetible or if it is for adjuvant treatment. 

I would also be interested in Clinical Trials.

thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

I have anal mucosal melanoma of the C-kit variety. Received a 20 month reprieve from IL-2.   Recently NIH released a review study that showed that NRAS mutation patients have had a 47% postitive response to HD IL-2.  The  I will be glad to communicate further.  There are some clinical trials now using IL-2 and vacines that have further increased the odds when using IL-2 as ones immunology treatment.  IL-2 can be tough to do, but is definitely do-able.  There is also a chance (AT least 5%) that IL-2 will cure the across the board melanoma patient.

Phil S
            Participant

My husband, Phil also has anal mucosal melanoma.  He also went to Stage 4 with one lung tumor in July 2011, and had surgery in Boston.  However, a few months later the cancer had spread to both lungs, stomach cavity, and brain. Phil had brain surgery, and then went to MDAnderson for six rounds of biochemo and TIL. He has been stable since TIL, which included two full rounds of high dose IL2.  Who really knows what works to stop this disease in its tracks.  I would ask them about removing the tumor for TIL harvest, a great option to have in your back pocket especially since you are at MDAnderson!!  All the best, Valerie (Phil's wife)

Kendra23
              Participant

I am new to this forum and I have some questions regarding Mucosal Melanoma treatments.  Currently I am stage 4 and has metastasized 2 times in 2 years and while on chemo. I am waiting to get into a TIL clinical trial and wondering if anyone knows if this has worked for my kind of cancer

Phil S
                Participant

My husband, Phil also has anal mucosal melanoma.  He also went to Stage 4 with one lung tumor in July 2011, and had surgery in Boston.  However, a few months later the cancer had spread to both lungs, stomach cavity, and brain. Phil had brain surgery, and then went to MDAnderson for six rounds of biochemo and TIL. He has been stable since TIL, which included two full rounds of high dose IL2.  Who really knows what works to stop this disease in its tracks.  I would ask them about removing the tumor for TIL harvest, a great option to have in your back pocket especially since you are at MDAnderson!!  All the best, Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

I have anal mucosal melanoma of the C-kit variety. Received a 20 month reprieve from IL-2.   Recently NIH released a review study that showed that NRAS mutation patients have had a 47% postitive response to HD IL-2.  The  I will be glad to communicate further.  There are some clinical trials now using IL-2 and vacines that have further increased the odds when using IL-2 as ones immunology treatment.  IL-2 can be tough to do, but is definitely do-able.  There is also a chance (AT least 5%) that IL-2 will cure the across the board melanoma patient.

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics