The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

mucosal melanoma recurrence in lymphnodes – Need help and Advice

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community mucosal melanoma recurrence in lymphnodes – Need help and Advice

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

HI All,

HI All,

I had mucosal melanoma in Tongue in 2007 and my 2/3 of the tongue has been removed in the first surgery . I was under constant observation. I was cancer free for 5.5 years. in Jan 2013 melanoma has recurred again in my larynx area. . Now my entire Voice Box has been removed on Feb 6th 2013 during the second surgery. ImmunoHistoChemistry for C-KIT had done and it had come as positive in my specimen. My Consutant said there is no need to do C-KIT mutation and we could take the C-KIT inhibitor Imatinib oral tablet. I took Imatinib tablets for about a month.

But still Melanoma has come back to me again in Right Side Level II and Level IV Lymphnodes within 3 months of my 2nd Surgery. I had undergone 3rd Surgery for the radical Neck Dissection of Lymphnodes. As per PET CT it has not spread to any other part of the body. But still it means I am moving to Stage III and have high possibility of getting into Stage IV. But I need your advice on how Can I come out of this Melanoma successfully as I have two young kids. Whether Inteferon would help or do we have any other better medicines or mechanisms to come out of this Successfully. How about  IL-2,  ipilimumab drugs. Will it help any way. Anybody had faced this before and had come out of Mucosal melanoma . Please share your experience and suggestions.

I am based out of India but I am looking for an option to travel to US for treatment of this mucosal melanoma. Kindly share your advice and suggestions.

Thanks,

Murugesan

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics