The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mucosal Melanoma Patients – You are not alone

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community Mucosal Melanoma Patients – You are not alone

Participant

Aloha, my name is Marcus Reimel, and a 3 yr survivor of Sinonasal Mucosal Melanoma in Honolulu, Hawaii. I started with these MPIP boards in 2013, and also joined a private FaceBook support group specifically for MM patients and caregivers.  

If anyone wants to join the private FaceBook group, please go to FaceBook and reach out to me.

You are not alone with the 1% of MM out there, so please feel free to comment, email me or Facebook me.

Aloha from Honolulu!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        hawaii marcus
        Participant

Sorry, didn't realize my email was private if you go to my info; it is marcusreimel at gmail.com please replace the " at " with the @

Aloha

hawaii marcus
          Participant

Sorry, didn't realize my email was private if you go to my info; it is marcusreimel at gmail.com please replace the " at " with the @

Aloha

CHD
              Participant

Hi Marcus,

I did join the FB group for awhile.  Wonderful group of people, but so much alternative/New Age type stuff being promoted.  I have some issues with the New Age beliefs that we create our own illnesses (guilt inducing to patients already dealing with a society who guilts people over cancer diagnoses) and so many posts on alternative treatments that are not backed by research (nutrition and otherwise), but otherwise it is a great group.  It is wonderful that you are reaching out.  It is a lonely disease by the sheer absence of numbers.  Apart from the New Agey beliefs, the sharing of personal stories and treatments, etc., makes the group a healthy and supportive place to be – a very good thing!

Good health to you, Marcus!

C

hawaii marcus
                Participant

Thanks for your comments, and good health to you also!!

hawaii marcus
                  Participant

hawaii marcus
                    Participant

CHD
                      Participant

Hi Marcus,

I did join the FB group for awhile.  Wonderful group of people, but so much alternative/New Age type stuff being promoted.  I have some issues with the New Age beliefs that we create our own illnesses (guilt inducing to patients already dealing with a society who guilts people over cancer diagnoses) and so many posts on alternative treatments that are not backed by research (nutrition and otherwise), but otherwise it is a great group.  It is wonderful that you are reaching out.  It is a lonely disease by the sheer absence of numbers.  Apart from the New Agey beliefs, the sharing of personal stories and treatments, etc., makes the group a healthy and supportive place to be – a very good thing!

C

CHD
                        Participant

Hi Marcus,

C

hawaii marcus
                        Participant

Aloha

Becky
                          Participant

Thank you Marcus. I follow your blog and always am happy to see you doing well.

My son is 28 next week and is 7 years out from a stage 3 MM dx! ( his was oral…tongue…rare among the rare)

Becky
                            Participant

My son is 28 next week and is 7 years out from a stage 3 MM dx! ( his was oral…tongue…rare among the rare)

Becky
                              Participant

IvanaDim
                                Participant
                                  What is the name of the FB group page? I am allready registered in one…

Thanks!

IvanaDim
                                  Participant

Thanks!

IvanaDim
                                    Participant

Thanks!

hawaii marcus
                                        Participant

Mucosal Melanoma Warriors on Facebook.

Yes, I believe you are in with us IvanaDim

hawaii marcus
                                          Participant

hawaii marcus
                                            Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics