The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mole lost its color in a short range of time (4 months)

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Mole lost its color in a short range of time (4 months)

Participant
      Hello I’m 18 and I’m new in this community. A normal mole I’ve always had started to lose its color in approx. 6 months time. It was normal black when it turned pink. Then one half turned white and finally the other half also. This has happened in 6 months and I don’t know if it’s normal. Now it’s completely skin coloured/white. It used to be a normal mole, black(an edge was a darker than the other part of the mole), it was 4mm and completely symmetrical. I’m a person that tans pretty quickly and only had 1 sunburn in my life. This sunburn was very light. I burned very little. I’ve read that moles fading or getting lighter are pretty normal. But un 6 months time? I have to say that the mole doesn’t look corcerning or suspicious. My normal doctor told me that he doesn’t know why it lightened but that it didn’t look corcerning. What do you think? Thanks
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Sally Jackman
        Participant

Honestly, just go see the dermotologist and get it checked. I've been having moles checked for years.  The thing that means the most is CHANGE.  It sounds like your mole has changed so just go get it checked or biopsied. 

Janner
          Participant

So if it is totally white now (regressed), there may be nothing left to biopsy even if you were to see a derm.  For me, if the mole wasn't concerning before it faded, I don't worry.  That's me.  You have to do what makes YOU comfortable.  Regression can happen and I'm not sure anyone could give you a timeline of how fast it happens.  If you are worried, contact a derm.  They can address your specific situation.

Dasupah14
              Participant
                Yes it’s totally skin comoured but we can still se the shadow(outline) where it used to be. It wasn’t really corcerning before it started to lose color. It’s not white it’s like skin coloured turning to white. It’s strange because I’m 18 and a regression aged 18 is like very young. I’ll continue looking at it as it’s not very corcerning.
                Dasupah14
                Participant
                  Yes it’s totally skin comoured but we can still se the shadow(outline) where it used to be. It wasn’t really corcerning before it started to lose color. It’s not white it’s like skin coloured turning to white. It’s strange because I’m 18 and a regression aged 18 is like very young. I’ll continue looking at it as it’s not very corcerning.
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics