The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

melanoma claims another one

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community melanoma claims another one

Participant

we just lost my hubby and father to two great kids at 56, on our 34th wedding anniversary from metastatic melanoma to the brain. He couldn't get into clinical trials as he had brain mets and he couldn't get into the Merck 3475 early access due to growing brain mets. Isn't it contradictory that the early access is also called 'compassionate care' yet someone who so desperatly needs the drug is denied it??This medical system is majorly screwed up. He never had anything on his skin. They found the cancer, already metastized, on his lung in April 2013. It was removed in May 2013 and then it reoccurred in his brain in Nov 2013. He was the most kindest, patient, ethical person and taken way too soon.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        hbecker
        Participant

So sorry to hear your story. We'll be thinking about you.

Hazel

hbecker
          Participant

Hazel

hbecker
            Participant

Hazel

buffcody
              Participant

How sad to lose your wonderful husband to this scourge any time but most especially on your anniversary.  I pray for strength for you through the difficult days, weeks, and months to come.  I hope your friends and loved ones will come to your support.  This forum is a great one, members of which understand and sympathize some of the heartbreaks you are going through.  I hope you will get support here and from other caregiver survivors.  Your path though different in many ways is also understood by survivors as well who have their own beloved caregivers and know how difficult that path is.

Frank

buffcody
                Participant

How sad to lose your wonderful husband to this scourge any time but most especially on your anniversary.  I pray for strength for you through the difficult days, weeks, and months to come.  I hope your friends and loved ones will come to your support.  This forum is a great one, members of which understand and sympathize some of the heartbreaks you are going through.  I hope you will get support here and from other caregiver survivors.  Your path though different in many ways is also understood by survivors as well who have their own beloved caregivers and know how difficult that path is.

Frank

buffcody
                  Participant

Frank

Fen
                    Participant

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  Your love for your husband comes through in every word.  I hope you find comfort and support in your family and friends during this time.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Fen

FayFighter
                        Participant

I am sorry for your loss. I hate the beast called melanoma. And yes…nothing compassionate about denying a person treatment who truly needs it. 

FayFighter
                          Participant

I am sorry for your loss. I hate the beast called melanoma. And yes…nothing compassionate about denying a person treatment who truly needs it. 

FayFighter
                            Participant

Cooper
                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  The expanded access programs aren't compassionate use, there is no such thing except once in a while the FDA will work with pharmaceutical to provide, but rare!   Everyone should write their congress person about this drug access problem. Too much is focused on profit and not patient.

Cooper
                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  The expanded access programs aren't compassionate use, there is no such thing except once in a while the FDA will work with pharmaceutical to provide, but rare!   Everyone should write their congress person about this drug access problem. Too much is focused on profit and not patient.

Cooper
                                  Participant

Fen
                                  Participant

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  Your love for your husband comes through in every word.  I hope you find comfort and support in your family and friends during this time.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Fen

Fen
                                    Participant

Fen

jbronicki
                                      Participant

So so sorry.  My heart goes out to you and I've been researching compassionate use.  It is screwed up.  My heart felt condolences.  Jackie

jbronicki
                                        Participant

So so sorry.  My heart goes out to you and I've been researching compassionate use.  It is screwed up.  My heart felt condolences.  Jackie

jbronicki
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics