The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda & Yervoy

Forums Caregiver Community Keytruda & Yervoy

Participant

My husband had three doses of Keytruda & the latest scan showed an increase in the tumor in his pancreas.  The doctor now wants him to start Yervoy & Keytruda as soon as possible.   Has anyone else moved hat quickly off of Keytruda to the combo treatment? I was under the impression that Keytruda needed time to work.  The doctor said if the combo doesn't work then he'll give my husband targeted radiation.  In hopes of some shrinkage so they can resect the tumor safely.  

Can anyone tell me if they've had any similar e perience with this sequence?

thank you

wife (caregiver)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ginger8888
        Participant

So sorry to hear this, i have seen several people progress on Keytruda..I've only done Yervoy and had my last treatment, got another scan result today and am still NED!!..Good luck!

AnitaLoree
            Participant

My husband is only on Keytruda and is stable, no+, no-, but what I have seen posted here over time is that Keytruda is more likely to begin showing a +shrinkage response, if it's going to, early, some by 2nd, 4th infusions while Yervoy can take up to several months, even 9 mo, to show tumor +shrinkage if it's going to.

The Yervoy/Opdivo or Keytruda combo is getting better overall tumor reduction in the research reports.  Sounds like the better way to go.  Good luck.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
              Participant

My husband is only on Keytruda and is stable, no+, no-, but what I have seen posted here over time is that Keytruda is more likely to begin showing a +shrinkage response, if it's going to, early, some by 2nd, 4th infusions while Yervoy can take up to several months, even 9 mo, to show tumor +shrinkage if it's going to.

The Yervoy/Opdivo or Keytruda combo is getting better overall tumor reduction in the research reports.  Sounds like the better way to go.  Good luck.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                Participant

Ginger8888
                Participant

So sorry to hear this, i have seen several people progress on Keytruda..I've only done Yervoy and had my last treatment, got another scan result today and am still NED!!..Good luck!

Ginger8888
                  Participant

BrianP
                    Participant

1derdog,

Seems to me like you have a pretty competent doctor.  As you probably know there is some toxicity risk with the combo but other than the toxicity risk you really don't have much to lose.  If the Yervoy was going to have a delayed benefit it's still going to have a delayed benefit even while taking Keytruda.  Probably an even better benefit.

I've been on a sequential trial of nivo and ipi for almost two years.  Had good benefit after 12 weeks of nivo but after 12 weeks of just ipi I had new mets pop up in my lungs.  After returning to nivo the new mets resolved and I have been stable for about 18 months. 

Good luck to you and your husband.

Brian

1derdog
                        Participant

Thank you, Brian – that gives me some degree of hope.  Glad to hear that pd1 is working for you.  

Terry

1derdog
                          Participant

Thank you, Brian – that gives me some degree of hope.  Glad to hear that pd1 is working for you.  

Terry

1derdog
                            Participant

Terry

BrianP
                            Participant

1derdog,

Seems to me like you have a pretty competent doctor.  As you probably know there is some toxicity risk with the combo but other than the toxicity risk you really don't have much to lose.  If the Yervoy was going to have a delayed benefit it's still going to have a delayed benefit even while taking Keytruda.  Probably an even better benefit.

I've been on a sequential trial of nivo and ipi for almost two years.  Had good benefit after 12 weeks of nivo but after 12 weeks of just ipi I had new mets pop up in my lungs.  After returning to nivo the new mets resolved and I have been stable for about 18 months. 

Brian

BrianP
                              Participant

1derdog,

Brian

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics