The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ketchup – with a good recipe, perhaps a smile and a bit of hope!

Forums Ketchup – with a good recipe, perhaps a smile and a bit of hope!

Participant
      Not sure if these strange writings interest anyone here – but thought I’d stick this one up: http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2020/10/ketchup-for-jeannie-who-always-remembers.html

I share it to show that –
      1. Personal advocacy can be difficult for all of us. Just keep plugging away at it!!!!
      2. Even the nasty bits can lead to a laugh and hope – at least sometimes.
      3. For all that melanoma treatments fall short for far too many of us, I am a example of the good they do – 17 years post diagnosis with Melanoma Stage IIIb. TEN years – yesterday – NED for melanoma after advancing to Stage IV.
      4. My meatloaf recipe with its ketchup topping is pretty dang rock’n!!! Give it try!

May your Halloween be filled with more treats than tricks! love, les

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        AMcReader
        Participant
          For the record, I read all of your posts on here and your blog. Your voice is priceless, and also fun to read.

Also, 10 years of NED…what a wonderful, terrible miracle! I’m sure you understand the dual dynamic of those emotions! Wishing you many more decades of melanoma-free life!

Cheers to you!!

Bubbles
            Participant
              Awwe, thank you, Amanda. I figure folks like us need a cheerleader and some basic intel regarding the data and navigating the system without it being a complete downer. So that’s what I try to do. Wishing you my best, always. les
            Ciucco
            Participant
              What a lovely post – thank you for sharing the twists and turns of your journey. I haven’t yet posted here, but I felt compelled to let you know how much I have appreciated your blog and your posts here on the forum. All of the research and knowledge you share are amazingly helpful, and I so appreciate the inspiration you give me. I’m on my fourth trial after failing on Ipi/Nivo and two years in from my Stage IV diagnosis so I’m a fellow rattie and holding hope. And the ketchup topping recipe is a great bonus – – I’ve rediscovered my love of ketchup recently (even started putting it on scrambled eggs from time to time, ala my childhood breakfast :)) and I’m ooking forward to trying it on meatloaf soon!

Take care,
              Julie

Bubbles
                Participant
                  Oh, Julie! Melanoma sucks great big green hairy stinky wizard balls, doesn’t it????? My daughter loves ketchup on HER eggs!!! If you like that, I think you will like the topping for sure!!! Hold firm to that hope, though it may fly on dragonfly wings, it is there. (Yeah. There’s a blog post on that one!) Thanks for your kind words. There are many smart caring peeps here. Take good care. I will keep fingers and toes crossed that your current trial is the last you need use!!! love, les
                sing123
                Participant
                  Whoo hoo! What a milestone anniversary. Much congrats!!!
                  sing123
                  Participant
                    Whoo hoo! What a milestone anniversary. Much congrats!!!
                    SOLE
                    Participant
                      Félicitations chère Les!

This is fantastic! And hope for all of us!

Freddrick
                      Participant
                        Great.
                    Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics