The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is anyone using medical marijuana for pain?

Forums General Melanoma Community Is anyone using medical marijuana for pain?

Participant

I think that I must be crazy asking this question…I'm super straight, but my husband has chronic pain  from broken back, leg, etc – struffling for yearsm and it seems like the BRAF combo had amplified it.  He can no longer walk our dog and we are so happy that the combo is shrinking the tumors but life is still filled with pain. 

Thoughts??

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        mrsaxde
        Participant

In my case, the most pain I have had to deal with was post-surgical. I did use marijuana to deal with it. My surgeon prescribed Vicodin, but it only dulled, didn't get rid of the pain, and my wife said it made me act like an a**hole.

I live in a medical marijuana state….sort of. The law is on the books, but there are no dispensaries, or any legal way to obtain it. But I got some, and used it for pain. It got rid of my pain…completely.

In addition to the benefits as a pain reliever, the National Cancer Institute says that cannabinoids could actually treat some cancers. I'm a big advocate for marijuana. If you can get some, put away the narcotic pain relivers and use it!

Best wishes to you.

-Bill

Rita and Charles
            Participant

THANKS Bill, really appreciate it. Actualy there are dispensaries where I live, and I mentioned to a friend how bad Charles was and her best friend actually runs one……strange how things connect. Its a funny world..like we fell down a cancer rabbit hole 3 months ago – meds, hope, scans, stories, sickness, hope, PET….. a roller coaster.  I guess adding pot makes it even more surreal.

Thanks again,

Rita

Gene_S
              Participant

Hello,

If you can get it check out this site http://phoenixtears.ca/ it is about Rick Simpson and the oil he uses for cancer.  It is not legal in my state but who knows that may change after the Nov. ballot.

Gene_S
                Participant

Hello,

If you can get it check out this site http://phoenixtears.ca/ it is about Rick Simpson and the oil he uses for cancer.  It is not legal in my state but who knows that may change after the Nov. ballot.

Gene_S
                  Participant

Hello,

Wheels1994
                    Participant

Yes, I used medical marijuanna for pain and it helped significantly.  It helped me get off of 180mg of morphine per day, 2 different nausea meds, and Xanax for both anxiety and sleep.  I'm a definite believer.  I went to Colorado and purchased many different types of strains on the advice of the "bud-tenders" there and honed in on 2-3 that worked really well for me.  I never smoked enough to be super stoned.  The stuff is pretty strong.  Typically 1-2 puffs does the trick.  Some of the best sleep I've ever had and very relaxing with minimal pain.  I was able to kick all narcotics.

Who_am_i
                      Participant

Ahhh , yes I am just about to drop out! No more oncologist, clean eating and mmj for pain and as an antidepressant. Kind of fun smoking my way through the gambit untill I find the proper hybrid that covers mood and pain. Give up th ghost… Marijuana is our new cure I truly believe

Who_am_i
                        Participant

Ahhh , yes I am just about to drop out! No more oncologist, clean eating and mmj for pain and as an antidepressant. Kind of fun smoking my way through the gambit untill I find the proper hybrid that covers mood and pain. Give up th ghost… Marijuana is our new cure I truly believe

Who_am_i
                          Participant

Wheels1994
                            Participant

Yes, I used medical marijuanna for pain and it helped significantly.  It helped me get off of 180mg of morphine per day, 2 different nausea meds, and Xanax for both anxiety and sleep.  I'm a definite believer.  I went to Colorado and purchased many different types of strains on the advice of the "bud-tenders" there and honed in on 2-3 that worked really well for me.  I never smoked enough to be super stoned.  The stuff is pretty strong.  Typically 1-2 puffs does the trick.  Some of the best sleep I've ever had and very relaxing with minimal pain.  I was able to kick all narcotics.

Wheels1994
                              Participant

Rita and Charles
                                Participant

THANKS Bill, really appreciate it. Actualy there are dispensaries where I live, and I mentioned to a friend how bad Charles was and her best friend actually runs one……strange how things connect. Its a funny world..like we fell down a cancer rabbit hole 3 months ago – meds, hope, scans, stories, sickness, hope, PET….. a roller coaster.  I guess adding pot makes it even more surreal.

Thanks again,

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                  Participant

Thanks again,

Rita

mrsaxde
                                  Participant

In my case, the most pain I have had to deal with was post-surgical. I did use marijuana to deal with it. My surgeon prescribed Vicodin, but it only dulled, didn't get rid of the pain, and my wife said it made me act like an a**hole.

I live in a medical marijuana state….sort of. The law is on the books, but there are no dispensaries, or any legal way to obtain it. But I got some, and used it for pain. It got rid of my pain…completely.

In addition to the benefits as a pain reliever, the National Cancer Institute says that cannabinoids could actually treat some cancers. I'm a big advocate for marijuana. If you can get some, put away the narcotic pain relivers and use it!

Best wishes to you.

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                    Participant

Best wishes to you.

-Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics