The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

In the LA area? Support CURE OM and run/walk at Universal Studios!

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community In the LA area? Support CURE OM and run/walk at Universal Studios!

Participant

Dear All,

I want to let you know about a every exciting upcoming event…

Dear All,

I want to let you know about a every exciting upcoming event…

Join us on May 6 in Los Angeles for Miles for Melanoma on the Universal Studios backlot– a 5k run/walk.  This will convene at Universal Studios Hollywood to help raise critical awareness and funding needed for new treatment breakthroughs.  Along the route, participants will see iconic movie sights, including the Bates Motel, sets from Jaws and Back to The Future, and the village of Whoville!

We want to form a specific CURE OM team to participate in this event to raise awareness about OM and also to raise much needed funding specific to ocular melanoma…. if you are interested in being a part of the CURE OM team, please post here or email [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you in LA and working together to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for ocular melanoma.

Warm Regards,

Sara – CURE OM

http://www.melanoma.org/get-involved/miles-melanoma-universal-studios

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sara – CURE OM
        Participant

Dear All,

I wanted to remind you about our exciting upcoming event in LA… a 5K walk/run on the Universal Studios backlot… a great way to raise awareness and much needed funds for ocular melanoma research… if you are in the LA area, please join the CURE OM Team (sign up at the link below)… if you aren't able to join us in person, please help us spread the word about the event and help us recruit people for the CURE OM Team.

Post here or email [email protected] with any questions.

Warmly,

Sara – CURE OM

Chris Jordan
            Participant

Sara,

Are the funds donated from these events going specifically towards CURE OM or just to MRF in general?  The reason I ask is, I started a fundraising event for CURE OM (through the Firstgiving site) and noticed that the electronic receipts for donations only indicate "Melanoma Research Foundation" and nothing to indicate the money is targeted to CURE OM, as I intended.  Just making sure.

Thank you.

Chris Jordan

Sara – CURE OM
              Participant

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support and for your question.  All money specified for CURE OM (i.e. your fundraiser) will go specifically to CURE OM.  However, because CURE OM is under the umbrella of the wonderful MRF, the money comes in through MRF and then is ear-marked specifically for CURE OM.  So, the money you are raising from your race will go directly to CURE OM and anything brought in through the CURE OM Team at the Universal Studios 5k in LA (including sponsorships, donations, etc.) will also go directly to CURE OM.  The LA event is a general MRF event and so money that comes in outside the CURE OM Team will go to the MRF generally, but that also helps CURE OM as the MRF currently covers all of CURE OM's overhead and CURE OM and OM patients benefit from many of the general MRF programs– i.e. buddy program, clinical trials finder, etc.  In my mind, it is really a win-win situation.

Does this make sense?  Please let me know if I have answered your questions and/or if you have any additional questions, thoughts, suggestions, etc…. I am also happy to talk by phone if that is easier.

Again, thank you so much for your support of CURE OM and I hope to maybe meet you in person at the upcoming patient meeting?

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Chris Jordan
                Participant

All makes sense.  Thank you for the response.

Chris

Sara – CURE OM
                  Participant

Anytime– thank you for your support and please do not hesitate to post questions/comments/suggestions on the forum and/or feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

I look forward to meeting you in person soon.

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Sara – CURE OM
                    Participant

Anytime– thank you for your support and please do not hesitate to post questions/comments/suggestions on the forum and/or feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Sara – CURE OM
                      Participant

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Chris Jordan
                        Participant

Chris

Chris Jordan
                          Participant

Chris

Sara – CURE OM
                            Participant

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support and for your question.  All money specified for CURE OM (i.e. your fundraiser) will go specifically to CURE OM.  However, because CURE OM is under the umbrella of the wonderful MRF, the money comes in through MRF and then is ear-marked specifically for CURE OM.  So, the money you are raising from your race will go directly to CURE OM and anything brought in through the CURE OM Team at the Universal Studios 5k in LA (including sponsorships, donations, etc.) will also go directly to CURE OM.  The LA event is a general MRF event and so money that comes in outside the CURE OM Team will go to the MRF generally, but that also helps CURE OM as the MRF currently covers all of CURE OM's overhead and CURE OM and OM patients benefit from many of the general MRF programs– i.e. buddy program, clinical trials finder, etc.  In my mind, it is really a win-win situation.

Does this make sense?  Please let me know if I have answered your questions and/or if you have any additional questions, thoughts, suggestions, etc…. I am also happy to talk by phone if that is easier.

Again, thank you so much for your support of CURE OM and I hope to maybe meet you in person at the upcoming patient meeting?

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Sara – CURE OM
                              Participant

Dear Chris,

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Chris Jordan
                                Participant

Sara,

Are the funds donated from these events going specifically towards CURE OM or just to MRF in general?  The reason I ask is, I started a fundraising event for CURE OM (through the Firstgiving site) and noticed that the electronic receipts for donations only indicate "Melanoma Research Foundation" and nothing to indicate the money is targeted to CURE OM, as I intended.  Just making sure.

Thank you.

Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan
                                  Participant

Sara,

Thank you.

Chris Jordan

Sara – CURE OM
                                  Participant

Dear All,

I wanted to remind you about our exciting upcoming event in LA… a 5K walk/run on the Universal Studios backlot… a great way to raise awareness and much needed funds for ocular melanoma research… if you are in the LA area, please join the CURE OM Team (sign up at the link below)… if you aren't able to join us in person, please help us spread the word about the event and help us recruit people for the CURE OM Team.

Warmly,

Sara – CURE OM

Sara – CURE OM
                                    Participant

Dear All,

Warmly,

Sara – CURE OM

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics