The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

God is in the Business for Miracles

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community God is in the Business for Miracles

Participant

God is in the business of Miracles! Many may remember my post several months ago. I was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer on my nostril of my nose. I had went for a skin screening and the Dr saw something that I honestly never could actually see. She did a biopsy and the thing she thought might be Basel cell was nothing more than fibroid tissue. However she said the biopsy showed Melanoma in-situ.  The Dr wanted to do MOHS surgery,but with Melanoma they would have to send the tissue off overnight and come back the next day (day after day) and have cells removed until it showed cleared margins. I asked if there was anywhere that could do it all in one day and they directed my to a University in NC. I went down there the first of September with intentions of having a consult and the go directly in surgery. That Dr traumatized me with his plan of action. At a minimum, he was going to take my left nostril off and have to remove cartilage from my ear to repair the lost of cartilage and then cut from my nose to the edge of my mouth to do what i found out to be a flap graft. His exact words to me was "I was going to have a "wiener" on the side of my face for a month until they did reconstructive surgery. (After research I found out that this would have been a flap that resembled the size of one of the small cocktail wieners.) Needless to say, I lost it at that point. I couldn't comprehend anything else he had to say. We left his office without having surgery. I have been an emotional wreck since then. I actually had been considering doing nothing, especially since I couldn't see it and it was in the very early stage. My thought process was it may never do anything why would I butcher myself up for this. I started to do a lot of research and blogging and could not find one single person who would agree with me. I scheduled an appointment with my family doctor and he referred me to UVA. I went last Friday for a consult and this dr assured me that he could do the surgery with minimum damage. My surgery was scheduled for this coming Monday, Oct 26 to remove the cancer and then go back a week later to repair the hole that was left. I think I was finally at peace with this decision. Today a very close friend of mine at work told me that he knew I was going to be alright. He had awoke early Saturday morning to a piece of mind that I would be fine. Awaking like this was something he never did. I knew God had spoke to him and it gave me even more peace about the surgery. Wouldn't you know it, 30 minutes after my conversation with my friend I received a phone call from a UVA dr stating that they had reviewed my previous biopsy report (which had been reviewed by 3 other pathologist elsewhere) and they did not see any Melanoma. He called it something else – some long name, but he definitely said it was NOT malignant melanoma. I made him repeat his self to make sure I was understanding him correctly. They however want me to come back Wednesday and do a "punch" biopsy where they will take a small core from the area to check again. No Dr that I have seen would do another biopsy on the area because they were afraid it would get in my blood system. People are questioning how the biopsy could be wrong after so many had looked at it. I just know that the love that GOD has for me (someone not deserving) is beyond being able to understand and I am ok with that. I still need prayers because the devil is trying to make me question this upcoming biopsy. I know there is power in numbers and I know our God is an awesome GOD.  So I'm sorry to be so long winded but I have to let you all know that God is in the business of miracles!

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Thank you and may God bless you.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Artie

JoshF
              Participant

Amen!

JoshF
                Participant

Amen!

JoshF
                  Participant

Amen!

stars
                    Participant

Good news. I remember your post, and your distress about the surgery…. I'm glad that things are going your way. Thanks for the update,

Stars

stars
                      Participant

Good news. I remember your post, and your distress about the surgery…. I'm glad that things are going your way. Thanks for the update,

Stars

stars
                        Participant

Stars

rosa1
                          Participant

Amen! We have to put our faith in God, always….Thanks for sharing.

Rosa

rosa1
                            Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                              Participant

Rosa

Momofjake
                                Participant

I totally believe in miracles!! Happy for you!!

Momofjake
                                  Participant

Momofjake
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics