The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

From Lori (Caregiver to Will)

Forums Caregiver Community From Lori (Caregiver to Will)

Participant

I wanted to check in and say that I still read the boards and am keeping all of you in my thoughts.  I have not seen any posts from Charlie in a long time and if you are out there, Charlie, I hope you are doing great.   Am praying for HimynameisKevin and all others who are having struggles with this illness.

I wanted to check in and say that I still read the boards and am keeping all of you in my thoughts.  I have not seen any posts from Charlie in a long time and if you are out there, Charlie, I hope you are doing great.   Am praying for HimynameisKevin and all others who are having struggles with this illness.

I have been trying to keep up with melanoma treatment news because I am doing some writing (for school – I'm in DePaul in Chicago) on the US clinical trial system.  If anyone would like to discuss their experiences with the system of locating and participating in clinical trials with me, please email me!  [email protected]

I am also writing about Will.  A week ago, I testified in front of the Illinois General Assembly hearing on abuse and neglect of people with disabilities to tell Will's story.  I have written about it on a blog I created for him.  His melanoma fight is a big part of it, and thought some of you might be interested.  Will was an amazing warrior in all his battles.  I miss him constantly.  The blog is JusticeForWill.wordpress.com

Lori

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        s Mom
        Participant

Hi Lori,

Good to see you on the forum ๐Ÿ™‚  

Jeff's doing well and enjoying the summer with his family.   Big scans are coming up in a month – we're hoping and praying for stable or shrinking disease. 

I'll follow your blog.  I think you are a gifted writer and your entries about Will were always so eloquent.  He was very lucky to have you in his life.

Take care and God Bless!

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

Lori C
            Participant

Thank you.  I do read Jeff's Caringbridge site and will keep him in my prayers.  He is still seeing Dr. Kaufman?

Lori C
              Participant

Thank you.  I do read Jeff's Caringbridge site and will keep him in my prayers.  He is still seeing Dr. Kaufman?

Lori C
                Participant

s Mom
                Participant

Hi Lori,

Jeff's doing well and enjoying the summer with his family.   Big scans are coming up in a month – we're hoping and praying for stable or shrinking disease. 

I'll follow your blog.  I think you are a gifted writer and your entries about Will were always so eloquent.  He was very lucky to have you in his life.

Take care and God Bless!

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                  Participant

Hi Lori,

Take care and God Bless!

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

lhaley
                    Participant

Lori,

It's nice to real from you.  Just the other day Charlie posted on the off topic post .

Linda

Lori C
                        Participant

Thank you Linda.  I am so glad to hear Charlie had posted.  He gave me some of the best advice  – I was, and am, very grateful.

I don't know what I would have done – literally – without this board.  Scientific, practical and emotional support and advice from this place was simply worth platinum to me. 

Lori C
                          Participant

Thank you Linda.  I am so glad to hear Charlie had posted.  He gave me some of the best advice  – I was, and am, very grateful.

I don't know what I would have done – literally – without this board.  Scientific, practical and emotional support and advice from this place was simply worth platinum to me. 

Lori C
                            Participant

lhaley
                            Participant

Lori,

It's nice to real from you.  Just the other day Charlie posted on the off topic post .

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Lori,

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics