The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does being on Opdivo take care of new moles?

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Does being on Opdivo take care of new moles?

Participant

If you are on your treatments IE:  Opdivo and you have a new mole show up OR an old one is changing,

will your current immunotherapy take care of it also.

OR do you need to see your Dr and determine if its Melanoma?

Thanks

RACO

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

See your doctor.

Raco
          Participant

I am really not sure about this but a good question, i ll ask my Dr. also, never thought about it.  

Susanlee528
              Participant

I have the same question because I have a nasty looking mole that popped up in the scar tissue of my WLE. I can’t get in to see the doctor for two days and it’s freaking me out!  Being on Opdivo, I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to worry about that! 

Raco
                Participant

had my appointment July 12, 2018 and No, you can still get a mole that can turn into Melanoma from what I was told.  Did not really understand since the treatment is Suppose to find and kill any cells that were hiding. 

I did have a mole Biopsy but on July 25th 2018, Biopsy came back as Benign

Maybe someone else can explain???   Please

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics