The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

dermatologist want to excise mole that COULD become more cancerous

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community dermatologist want to excise mole that COULD become more cancerous

Participant
      it has characteristics of becoming in situ melanomic.

my question: isn’t that what the nivo is supposed to treat?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        studiodad
        Participant
          Interesting question. I have stage 4 metastatic melanoma and currently treating with nivo. I have had six treatments with minimal side effects: very tired and skin rash on back and chest. During routine visit with my dermatologist last week he detected a mole under my hairline in my scalp that he believes should be biopsies. Suppose the mole is a new melanoma, what would the treatment be— nivo? why have my hair cut andthe mole shaved? My thought is it would be far better to monitor the mole over a period of time and not rush to removal as it was the only option. I plan to discuss this option with my oncologist next week. I will report back.
            studiodad
            Participant
              Spoke with oncologist who agreed that it would be a better strategy to observe mole for a few months before rushing into a biopsy. The mole is slightly pink in color but does not show signs of requiring immedite attention.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics