The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT Confusion – long wait til next steps and worried

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community CT Confusion – long wait til next steps and worried

Participant
      I don’t know how you longer-timers endure the wait. I panic when weird things show up on my CT. Brief background, 2b (ear, ulcerated, amelanotic, high mitotic rate) about 2 years ago. I have scans next week but last week I ended up in the ER with severe stomach pains. Received a CT of Abdomen. No liver mets – which was what I was worried about, but did have a new and weird finding (below). I’m only a 34 male, so new colonic diverticula seems unusual to me. I don’t know anything about the colon other than what I could find on google, and it seems to say that travere colon diverticula is extremely rare. Wondering if this could be metastasis? I’m getting all the appointments setup, but the wait is hard.

There is some wall thickening of the transverse colon near the hepatic flexure which is greater than that of other areas of decompressed colon, with a few colonic diverticula along the segment. Findings may be secondary to under distension. However, a mild colitis of infectious or inflammatory etiology is also possible. Additionally, consider further evaluation with colonoscopy if clinically indicated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics