The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Can skin cancer (expel) color pigment out of mole??

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Can skin cancer (expel) color pigment out of mole??

Participant

There's this raised mole that has been on my back for a few years. Never grew in size (2mm) is oval shape but pigment is what bothers me. It's blotchy. Like most of it pink, a few speck of dark brown. 

http://s25.postimg.org/xm57wroi7/image.jpg

This past week a spot got darker.

http://s25.postimg.org/4aazl1vwv/image.jpg

I was concerned about it, and one night I was touching the mole and it felt a tad rough. I don't know WHY I decided to do what I did, but for some reason I squeezed it a little bit and then the black spot began to come out? As you see in image, is slightly irritated but that dark spot is like almost out.

http://s25.postimg.org/oiyd6rv7z/image.jpg

Then I brushed my fingers over the spot and it just fell off?? Like, the pigment was under my skin and now it just fell off? Can that even happen??

http://s25.postimg.org/nupintwi7/image.jpg

Sorta distraught as to what or why this happened. I'm gonna get it checked by my derm, last time I went he said it didn't look like anything. I'm just concerned as this past week all this change happened.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Mole pigment is part of the skin tissue itself.  It isn't some type of liquid.  So maybe… what you were squeezing wasn't exactly a mole?  Maybe it was something else or maybe you had a type of hemangioma or acne under/near the mole.

Moles can regress or lose pigmentation on their own – it's a natural process.  It can also happen in melanoma.  But that doesn't sound anything like what you experienced.

Talk to your derm, and leave it alone.  Let it heal.

Janner
          Participant

Mole pigment is part of the skin tissue itself.  It isn't some type of liquid.  So maybe… what you were squeezing wasn't exactly a mole?  Maybe it was something else or maybe you had a type of hemangioma or acne under/near the mole.

Moles can regress or lose pigmentation on their own – it's a natural process.  It can also happen in melanoma.  But that doesn't sound anything like what you experienced.

Janner
            Participant

sbrooks90
              Participant

Best thing to do is express these concerns to your derm, the best thing they can do is probably just biopsy it. No harm in doing that and you will have peace of mind πŸ™‚

Samuel

mikvahnrose
                  Participant

I do plan on having it removed. Along with another πŸ™‚

I was just wondering if any of you have heard of such a thing? No where can I find info or even pictures that look like what I described. And usually when you research melanoma or skin cancer all the (worst possible pictures) show up. But never a mild looking case (though skin cancer should never be considered mild, just saying)

mikvahnrose
                    Participant

I was just wondering if any of you have heard of such a thing? No where can I find info or even pictures that look like what I described. And usually when you research melanoma or skin cancer all the (worst possible pictures) show up. But never a mild looking case (though skin cancer should never be considered mild, just saying)

mikvahnrose
                      Participant

sbrooks90
                      Participant

Best thing to do is express these concerns to your derm, the best thing they can do is probably just biopsy it. No harm in doing that and you will have peace of mind πŸ™‚

Samuel

sbrooks90
                        Participant

Samuel

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics