The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bring Mucosal Melanoma Together

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community Bring Mucosal Melanoma Together

Participant

Hello, my name is Erica and I have posted before about my mom have Oral Mucosal Melanoma.

I want to bring us all together. I have been posting everywhere people with melanoma are to share with them my new FB PAGE. If we all have a meeting place specifically for MM then it's easier… Please come to

https://www.facebook.com/Mucosalmelanomawarriors

thank you so much and see you there!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

erica

Thanks for starting this facebook page. I will be follwoing it, but hesitiate to post for now, only becuase my son is a little private about this. my son Ben was also diagnosed with oral melanoma right before he turned 21. His was on the tip of his tongue . Oral melanoma rare enough, and the location even rarer!

His had spread to one lymph node. Had CLD and a year of interferon. He is now 5 years NED!

At the time of dx I knew better than to do too much googling and researciing on the ineternet, but couldnt help myslef. All I saw were very grim statisitics and so this was a very scary time for us. It still is, espiecally during the wait to find out scan results.

again, thanks for giving a voice to those with this rare form of melanoma.

Becky

Becky
            Participant

ps…this site needs automatic spell check, I just noticed all my typos!

Becky
              Participant

Becky
                Participant

Becky
                Participant

erica

Thanks for starting this facebook page. I will be follwoing it, but hesitiate to post for now, only becuase my son is a little private about this. my son Ben was also diagnosed with oral melanoma right before he turned 21. His was on the tip of his tongue . Oral melanoma rare enough, and the location even rarer!

His had spread to one lymph node. Had CLD and a year of interferon. He is now 5 years NED!

At the time of dx I knew better than to do too much googling and researciing on the ineternet, but couldnt help myslef. All I saw were very grim statisitics and so this was a very scary time for us. It still is, espiecally during the wait to find out scan results.

Becky

Becky
                  Participant

erica

Becky

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics