The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Braf+=What order in treatment?

Forums General Melanoma Community Braf+=What order in treatment?

Participant

Hello Everyone,

My husband was diagnosed in Nov 2010, Since then he had a Recurrance on his calf in June 2011 and a full LND where he had 3/19 nodes

positive for Melanoma. He has had no treatment as of yet. We have been blessed with clean scans since then. In the event it comes back I

was wondering if we should do Yervoy first followed by Zelborof or the other way around. Just looking for some other opinions.

Thank God for this board.

Jewel

Hello Everyone,

My husband was diagnosed in Nov 2010, Since then he had a Recurrance on his calf in June 2011 and a full LND where he had 3/19 nodes

positive for Melanoma. He has had no treatment as of yet. We have been blessed with clean scans since then. In the event it comes back I

was wondering if we should do Yervoy first followed by Zelborof or the other way around. Just looking for some other opinions.

Thank God for this board.

Jewel

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hi
        Just want to let you know I made the decision to start with with IPI made 3 doses base on my beginning strength by infusion 3 I was pretty wiped so we moved to Zelboraf l for8 months and then back to IPI for.4 infidsions just stopped zelboraraf after just about 9 months on June 12, 2012″. I had ct and MRI yesterday I will get my results tomorrow.

Kathy

Hi
        Just want to let you know I made the decision to start with with IPI made 3 doses base on my beginning strength by infusion 3 I was pretty wiped so we moved to Zelboraf l for8 months and then back to IPI for.4 infidsions just stopped zelboraraf after just about 9 months on June 12, 2012″. I had ct and MRI yesterday I will get my results tomorrow.

Kathy

Hi

Kathy

Hi

Kathy

Hi

Kathy

Hi

Kathy

fdess056
        Participant

Hi, Jewel. I became stage 4 this passed December.  Before deciding on a treatment, my onc wanted to be sure he didn't start me on anything that would "burn bridges" for future treatment.  He decided on Yervoy, which I completed in March.  Indications are that it greatly reduced my lung mets but I've developed new brain mets.  My June/July scans will determine next steps but it will either be re-induction of Yervoy or starting Zelboraf.   So at least from my oncs perspective, Yervoy doesn't prohibit use of Zelboraf in the future.  ( I am BRAF positive)  Best of luck in whatever treatment schedule you and your husband decide on

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
          Participant

Hi, Jewel. I became stage 4 this passed December.  Before deciding on a treatment, my onc wanted to be sure he didn't start me on anything that would "burn bridges" for future treatment.  He decided on Yervoy, which I completed in March.  Indications are that it greatly reduced my lung mets but I've developed new brain mets.  My June/July scans will determine next steps but it will either be re-induction of Yervoy or starting Zelboraf.   So at least from my oncs perspective, Yervoy doesn't prohibit use of Zelboraf in the future.  ( I am BRAF positive)  Best of luck in whatever treatment schedule you and your husband decide on

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
            Participant

FrankD Brooklyn

Viewing 8 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics