The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

a new post for me to sort through regarding things I don’t understgand

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community a new post for me to sort through regarding things I don’t understgand

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

With reference to the recent discussion? on alternative or what ever….I am asking Jake what he did and where did he go for treatment from when he was diagnosed to when he found us here?  I am trying to see did you do alternative stuff and if so what was it.  As I see you advanced from I think stage one to stage 3 and it is not clear to me other than your stage 3 was a node.  so from when you first were dx'd in I think 2007 till say fall of 2010 what treatment did you go on?

With reference to the recent discussion? on alternative or what ever….I am asking Jake what he did and where did he go for treatment from when he was diagnosed to when he found us here?  I am trying to see did you do alternative stuff and if so what was it.  As I see you advanced from I think stage one to stage 3 and it is not clear to me other than your stage 3 was a node.  so from when you first were dx'd in I think 2007 till say fall of 2010 what treatment did you go on?

How did you know that your node was one of the evil ones.   I have the odd one that swells up but just waiting for it to shrink and it does, always does give me a panic,  people here are great, in helping me gimp along and I adhere to their advice.  right from when I lost my eyelid, and still all the on going things.  So I wonder if alternative and I still do not know what this is.  would diet alone have saved my eyelid?  would diet alone not made me (only one in my famiy) not lose both breasts to breast cancer (not melanoma related, but I swear my body knows how to do nasty things now)  I never sunbathed, I never went to tanning beds, heck I shunned the sun  yet I still developed a 4mm thick mel on the back of my neck, thank God I am ok.  No SNB was done, as that was not available here at that time. 

So what exactly in your words made simple for me, is alternative.  certainly not accupuncture, accupressure, gobbling up green veggies 24/7  I eat healthy yes,I limit my sugar and salt, alcohol in moderation, I have developed osteoporosis, I have NPH and from that I now enjoy having a shunt installed in my brain with a tube running down my neck to my tummy cauysing me to feel and look  HUGE and I imagine CSF dripping into my tummy making me even fatter I bet.

Just a a thought.   The people here who responded severly have been through hell and are attempting to crawl back, something I think you nor I have not even had to think about. 

Shun me if you wish…..right now, I am too darn tired.  Yes I take my supplements, I take my vit.  I take my meds to stop all weirdo things from happening, and I am always aware of melanoma lurking about maybe never to show its ugly face, again, but maybe it will.  I see so many doctors from eye cancer doctors, to eyelid (hence forth known to everyone here as  EARLID) to boobless doctors, to lady parts doctors, to chiropractors, to Massasage therapsists, even to myu dear little pedicure girl.

Bonnie Lea

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics