The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

7/11/3

Forums Caregiver Community 7/11/3

Participant

That is how aldesleukin also known as Interleukin-2 is coming into me one bag at at a time every eight hours.

Nine bags so far I think since starting Monday morning at 7. 

As expected, this one week on after one week off is really giving me a chemical ass whipping.

My eyes are running and boy does it burn.

I am sweating a lot and that burns too.    And all of the juice coming out of me stinks……………..I mean REALLY stinks, I smell like a toxic waste dump.

The rigors ( shakes, chills, whatever you want to call them) are worse this time and came on faster.  Thank goodness for the demorol that stops it.

My skin had not finished the first peel before coming back, and it is now……………..well it is a mess.

I have a tablet (as in a Big Chief paper Tablet)beside of me and all through the day and I scribble what I would say in a post or just scribble,  then, all through the rest of the day I pluck away in my digital journal on my laptop and after many hours, I paste it and  it becomes this post.

I'm the only melanoma person here in ICU doing IL-2 this time.  Everyone else are renal cell folks.

This is no cup of tea for me, but it seems lke the other five people here getting IL-2 are having a tougher time.

Don't know, but everyone else here except me have people staying with them and at the risk of sounding crass……it seems  to me that the caregivers are causing the ICU nurses more trouble than the patients.

I think this has taken me two days to compose,, edit and spell check. so I'll go ahead and post.

My mind is really starting to turn me into a strange ranger, so dunno if I can go more than 12 or not.

Chemically yours,

Charlie S

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Hang in there, Charlie!!!  You are one tough cookie!!  c

Bubbles
          Participant

Bubbles
            Participant

jenny22
              Participant

WOW…..OH Charlie….sounds like a tough go….I cant even imageine, but as Celeste said, You are one tough cookie!  you must be apparently….I sure as hell hope it works again and you can be done with this.

Sending good wishes,

Best,

Jenny

jenny22
                Participant

WOW…..OH Charlie….sounds like a tough go….I cant even imageine, but as Celeste said, You are one tough cookie!  you must be apparently….I sure as hell hope it works again and you can be done with this.

Sending good wishes,

Best,

Jenny

jenny22
                  Participant

Sending good wishes,

Best,

Jenny

Gwen in Maine
                    Participant

You got this, Charlie! Thinking of you.

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                      Participant

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                        Participant

Gwen

DZnDef
                          Participant

Your courage and determination to get through this will win out.  Whatever it takes to blast the beast out of your system!  I'm hoping this does it for you once and for all!

DZnDef
                            Participant

Your courage and determination to get through this will win out.  Whatever it takes to blast the beast out of your system!  I'm hoping this does it for you once and for all!

DZnDef
                              Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics