The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1 year 1 month NED!

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community 1 year 1 month NED!

Participant

Praise the Lord! Doug had an appointment @ CCI(Clearview Cancer Center) last week. Lymph nodes, blood work, & skin all looked good. He had a clear pet scan in Aug. & will have another one in march. I am so proud of how he has been taking better care of himself. Since diagnosis we have changed our diets, added supplements, & alkaline water. I also noticed that his skin has been much softer after we put a filter on his shower head. I figure it can only help, tap water is not always the cleanest. Anyone have any thoughts on having pet scans every six months?

Praise the Lord! Doug had an appointment @ CCI(Clearview Cancer Center) last week. Lymph nodes, blood work, & skin all looked good. He had a clear pet scan in Aug. & will have another one in march. I am so proud of how he has been taking better care of himself. Since diagnosis we have changed our diets, added supplements, & alkaline water. I also noticed that his skin has been much softer after we put a filter on his shower head. I figure it can only help, tap water is not always the cleanest. Anyone have any thoughts on having pet scans every six months? Praying for all who are affected by this horrible disease. Thanks for all of the support, Pepper.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

Pepper,

Hooray for the good news!  We also started the alkaline water (that stuff is NOT cheap!).

As far as scans, that's a personal decision.  However, they found Dave's lung tumors because he had requested a scan after feeling something just wasn't right.  If your onc has suggested a PET every 6 months, I would go with it.  Whatever you do, do not let your guard down.  Better to be on the offense than the defense with this disease.

Best wishes to you both,

Maria

MariaH
          Participant

Pepper,

Hooray for the good news!  We also started the alkaline water (that stuff is NOT cheap!).

As far as scans, that's a personal decision.  However, they found Dave's lung tumors because he had requested a scan after feeling something just wasn't right.  If your onc has suggested a PET every 6 months, I would go with it.  Whatever you do, do not let your guard down.  Better to be on the offense than the defense with this disease.

Best wishes to you both,

Maria

MariaH
            Participant

Pepper,

Best wishes to you both,

Maria

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics