The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1 week zelboraf – my 2 palpable tumors already half size

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community 1 week zelboraf – my 2 palpable tumors already half size

Participant

This is quite a good start! A neck lymph node almost gone as well as a small met just under the skin. Can't tell about the tumors deep inside lungs and other places but why should they behave differently?

Part of me has wild hopes that this may work 100%…but part of me prefers to be prepared to a future set-back in order to avoid too much disappointment.  

This Braf stuff seems a bit sci-fi to me – IT IS JUST TOO EASY especially after 3 years of chemos and ipi. CAN'T BE TRUE!

This is quite a good start! A neck lymph node almost gone as well as a small met just under the skin. Can't tell about the tumors deep inside lungs and other places but why should they behave differently?

Part of me has wild hopes that this may work 100%…but part of me prefers to be prepared to a future set-back in order to avoid too much disappointment.  

This Braf stuff seems a bit sci-fi to me – IT IS JUST TOO EASY especially after 3 years of chemos and ipi. CAN'T BE TRUE!

I'd rather take as litle of it as possible (having heard about potential NRAS mutations and dormant cancer cells possibly being activated by the drug).

Doctors say that minimum treatment is 2 months even if everything seems to have gone.

I'd be happy to hear about your experience with duration of Zelboraf intake and effect!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        deardad
        Participant

Hi Im happy to hear that Zelboraf is doing is magic and I hope it's working on those internal tumors too.

We are waiting to have the 9 month scan in 2 months for my dad.

He had liver, lung, spleen and subs in the skin and the the only visible one on the skin regressed in a week and hasn't popped up again. The internal ones were shrinking according to the six month scan.

As far as side effects, stay out of the sun. The sun sensitivity is out of control and it doesn't take much for you to be blistered. Wear a hat and sunscreen when you go out.

My dad has also lost most of his hair on his head and body. Little growths appear on the skin regularly like skin tags which annoy him, but a small price to pay.

All the best and stay positive.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
          Participant

Hi Im happy to hear that Zelboraf is doing is magic and I hope it's working on those internal tumors too.

He had liver, lung, spleen and subs in the skin and the the only visible one on the skin regressed in a week and hasn't popped up again. The internal ones were shrinking according to the six month scan.

As far as side effects, stay out of the sun. The sun sensitivity is out of control and it doesn't take much for you to be blistered. Wear a hat and sunscreen when you go out.

My dad has also lost most of his hair on his head and body. Little growths appear on the skin regularly like skin tags which annoy him, but a small price to pay.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
            Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

aldakota22
              Participant

Love the Good News.After what you have been through  Be very happy that all it takes is pills.All the best.  Al

aldakota22
                Participant

Love the Good News.After what you have been through  Be very happy that all it takes is pills.All the best.  Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics