The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

another TV parent has passed

Forums General Melanoma Community another TV parent has passed

Participant

Tom Bosley  (Happy Days, Sherrif guy from Murder she Wrote and many other roles…  passed away ….   the radio said out of 50 fav TV parents he ranked 9th. 

Tom Bosley  (Happy Days, Sherrif guy from Murder she Wrote and many other roles…  passed away ….   the radio said out of 50 fav TV parents he ranked 9th. 

But good news on my personal home front.   Went to the BC cancer centre today and am cleared and will go back in one year for a breast MRI.  Doctor showed me how to check me boobless self for lumps bumps and stuff.  My appt for melanoma doctor is in early January, and also the doctor who did my ear lid that appt is in January.  Hope is that they will finally say  see you in 12 months, well I can hope can't I?

Went also to the plastic surgeon for the 3rd post operative check up from my recent armpit stuff, and he wants to see me in his office in two months.  Dunno why, perhaps to get going on the scar therapy which I need badly.  I showed him a mysterious bump on my upper abdomen, which at first glance looks pustual, but it is not.  Doc says we will keep an eye on it, but perhaps it is vascular in nature.  However, I see the derm doctor in January as well, and if it is still there it will be there since hmmm 8 months ago.  gotten a little larger, but it is mystery to me.  only thing that I know for sure, is it doesnt turn white when I press it, so I am sure it is not a hemog——  (you all know I cannot spell) 

Again I wish to thank you all for the good words spoken at to me recently,  boy I sure needed all that.  I guess the new meds (my crazy pills as I call them) have finally begun to work their magic.  I will soon be upped dose on them.  (prescribed by the nuerologist to help maybe with the constant shunt headache, which has now spread to both sides.  (DUH not the shunt….hahha just the head pain)   but all is coming on good.

cool

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

I hope the meds help with the pain Bonnie, a constant headache is awfull!  I have some neck issues which give me nerve pain in my head that can be pretty debilitating when it sets in. ( A few weeks ago, I laid down on the grass with my head resting on wooden picnic seat and tried to pry my darned head off.. I don't recommend it, but it actually worked a little lol)   But Bonnie, if that lump keeps growing please go see the derm sooner, I know 'we' always hate to be making a fuss.. but sometimes it's best to address the concern so we can forgetabout it:) take care, linda

bcl
          Participant

I hope the meds help with the pain Bonnie, a constant headache is awfull!  I have some neck issues which give me nerve pain in my head that can be pretty debilitating when it sets in. ( A few weeks ago, I laid down on the grass with my head resting on wooden picnic seat and tried to pry my darned head off.. I don't recommend it, but it actually worked a little lol)   But Bonnie, if that lump keeps growing please go see the derm sooner, I know 'we' always hate to be making a fuss.. but sometimes it's best to address the concern so we can forgetabout it:) take care, linda

jag
            Participant

First June Cleaver, and now Mr. Cunningham, when will all of the oldies quit jumping the shark?  They say it happens in 3s for celebrities, I'm kind of hoping it is Justin Beiber, or maybe Kevin Federline.  Neither seems to be that likeable, or to contribute that much to society.

I can remember always wanting to be Arthur Fonzarelli, laying on the carpet in front of the Boob Tube as my father called it when we were supposed to be doing our homework, searching through the Sears Catalog and circling all of the toys I wanted for Christmas, hoping to find pages 432-470 under the tree when Santa came to town. 

Mr. Cunningham was like a father for me.  While most of my friends liked to think of themselves as children of Pa Ingalls, I  wanted to live above ole Mr. Cunningham's garage, drive a cool motorcycle, and get the wurlitzer going with a quick pop.  

Funny that Henry Winkler as a middle aged actor seems so frail and week.

Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the headaches Bonnie, maybe you need some human catnip and a few catnaps?

I sure hope all of your appointments turn out well.

Best

John

jag
              Participant

First June Cleaver, and now Mr. Cunningham, when will all of the oldies quit jumping the shark?  They say it happens in 3s for celebrities, I'm kind of hoping it is Justin Beiber, or maybe Kevin Federline.  Neither seems to be that likeable, or to contribute that much to society.

I can remember always wanting to be Arthur Fonzarelli, laying on the carpet in front of the Boob Tube as my father called it when we were supposed to be doing our homework, searching through the Sears Catalog and circling all of the toys I wanted for Christmas, hoping to find pages 432-470 under the tree when Santa came to town. 

Mr. Cunningham was like a father for me.  While most of my friends liked to think of themselves as children of Pa Ingalls, I  wanted to live above ole Mr. Cunningham's garage, drive a cool motorcycle, and get the wurlitzer going with a quick pop.  

Funny that Henry Winkler as a middle aged actor seems so frail and week.

Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the headaches Bonnie, maybe you need some human catnip and a few catnaps?

I sure hope all of your appointments turn out well.

Best

John

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics