The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Recently Diagnosed In Situ

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Recently Diagnosed In Situ

Participant
      I went to the dermatologist last week because I developed a lot of new moles during pregnancy. We ended up doing a biopsy on one. I got the results back this week (the dr was on vacation so I received the results via a phone call)—melanoma in Situ (although I’ve been reading that it’s not possible to determine the stage without further testing??) . I’ve been in a panic ever since. My original dermatologist recommended excision along with doing biopsies on several other moles that we were going to watch originally. However, I live in Houston and was able to secure an appointment at the md Anderson melanoma center in another week and a half. The wait is killing me and I don’t know where to turn. I’m mostly concerned that one of my other moles is at a more advanced stage. Sorry to be rambling…I would really appreciate any advice or input…I’m having a hard time navigating so much scary information along with my emotions.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hopeful19
        Participant
          I had a melanoma in Situ removed 2 1/2 weeks ago from my nose. I understand that you are scared. That is a normal feeling for this diagnosis. But you have an appointment at a good place already scheduled. I would encourage you to have your medical records and pathology reports (not the summary) forwarded to your doctor at MD Anderson and also get a copy for your own records. Have a list of questions for your doctor. My husband accompanied me to my appointments because sometimes two sets of ears are better than one. I have found this to be a very supportive forum and people will help you here. Just hang in there….you are taking all the right steps and that is all you can do at this point . Take a deep breath and carry on…you are doing great!
          Been there and just did that….
          Hopeful19
          Participant
            I had a melanoma in Situ removed 2 1/2 weeks ago from my nose. I understand that you are scared. That is a normal feeling for this diagnosis. But you have an appointment at a good place already scheduled. I would encourage you to have your medical records and pathology reports (not the summary) forwarded to your doctor at MD Anderson and also get a copy for your own records. Have a list of questions for your doctor. My husband accompanied me to my appointments because sometimes two sets of ears are better than one. I have found this to be a very supportive forum and people will help you here. Just hang in there….you are taking all the right steps and that is all you can do at this point . Take a deep breath and carry on…you are doing great!
            Been there and just did that….
            MichelleRHG
            Participant
              If you can have the actual tissue sent to MDA , do it. They requested tissue from the surgery I had at home. You will be in excellent hands! Try to take comfort in that.
                RachMM
                Participant
                  Is this something I should try to arrange before my consultation or discuss it then?
                BrendaAnderson
                Participant
                  Yes I agree.
              Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics