The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

they squeezed the juice outa here

Forums General Melanoma Community they squeezed the juice outa here

Participant

The format is awkward to use, the turnout is meager and the topics are dull.  Used to be a lot of fun but now deadly dull. Death to smootchie? If they wanted bland they sure got it. Mostly sterile other than crazy Dan and his supersized waist band. Yawn dozed off or left town with Mother Teraysa. Tina, Dian and Cyn try hard but don't get much support. Too bad. It was fun for a long time tho.

The format is awkward to use, the turnout is meager and the topics are dull.  Used to be a lot of fun but now deadly dull. Death to smootchie? If they wanted bland they sure got it. Mostly sterile other than crazy Dan and his supersized waist band. Yawn dozed off or left town with Mother Teraysa. Tina, Dian and Cyn try hard but don't get much support. Too bad. It was fun for a long time tho.

Loading spinner
    Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

waaaaaaaaah, nobody paying attention to poor Old Bill.  It's back to school season old timer.  People are busy, get over it.

Thanks for helping get Obama in office though, my health insurance rates are going up somewhere between 10-20%.

Really helping us out, you are the best.  

Always having the best interests of melanoma patients in mind, thats why we need you here.

Loading spinner
          jag
          Participant

waaaaaaaaah, nobody paying attention to poor Old Bill.  It's back to school season old timer.  People are busy, get over it.

Thanks for helping get Obama in office though, my health insurance rates are going up somewhere between 10-20%.

Really helping us out, you are the best.  

Always having the best interests of melanoma patients in mind, thats why we need you here.

Loading spinner
              BillMFl
              Participant

ahaha  anybody told you you look cute in a white turban?  if not let me be the first

Loading spinner
                jag
                Participant

The q tip bandage is no fun if you like things to be cool.  Slept w/no sheets the whole time I was inpatient.  Imagine a nice tight 2inch cotton wrap for 2-3 days in the middle of summer, made me want to strap a bomb to myself and pray facing Mecca 5 times a day.  

Loading spinner
                  Nad T
                  Participant

JAG, I had no idea you were it.

Bill really is a very bored person.  Face it – we're here because have it and or have lost it. 

Bill had it.  Very lucky man who wishes he could kayak out of TC onto an island to camp.

The Weather

Loading spinner
                    Nad T
                    Participant

JAG, I had no idea you were it.

Bill really is a very bored person.  Face it – we're here because have it and or have lost it. 

Bill had it.  Very lucky man who wishes he could kayak out of TC onto an island to camp.

The Weather

Loading spinner
                      jag
                      Participant

The q tip bandage is no fun if you like things to be cool.  Slept w/no sheets the whole time I was inpatient.  Imagine a nice tight 2inch cotton wrap for 2-3 days in the middle of summer, made me want to strap a bomb to myself and pray facing Mecca 5 times a day.  

Loading spinner
                        BillMFl
                        Participant

ahaha  anybody told you you look cute in a white turban?  if not let me be the first

Loading spinner
                        Yawn
                        Participant

I don't know about the rest of what you're babbling about, but the format is a muthafuckah using Safari.

Loading spinner
                          Yawn
                          Participant

I don't know about the rest of what you're babbling about, but the format is a muthafuckah using Safari.

Loading spinner
                              jag
                              Participant

Apple is for  Eves.

Loading spinner
                                jag
                                Participant

Apple is for  Eves.

Loading spinner
                                  Jerry from Cape Cod
                                  Participant

But it sure is pretty for the financial contributors.

Loading spinner
                                    Jerry from Cape Cod
                                    Participant

But it sure is pretty for the financial contributors.

Loading spinner
                                    TinaR
                                    Participant

Very sad :( and going to get a lot worse…  Cyn is soon off to sail the 7 seas, dian is heading for what sounds like a year of all-girl vacationing all over the globe, Yawn isn't real and Raysa has been consumed by guilt over her participation in that drama.  John is the only one left who is really trying (and for a guy who just had his head examined…he's doing pretty well !!!) It's heartbreaking, for sure.

Nothing exciting to add ( as usual) so I'll add a story I just shared with the chat bitches—oops-the chat ladies…it's the sort of thing that makes you believe there are a lot of good people out there—seems all we hear about are the bad ones :(

…sitting in the hospital surgery waiting area was a very young couple . I was sitting near them as their little child was wheeled down the hall from surgery and the parents had a chance to see and kiss their sleeping child before they wheeled away to ICU ( they let all families see the patients right as they come out of operating room ). The surgeon came in wearing scrubs and handed them a bag. Seems their preschooler was having some sort of facial surgery and they had to remove a few teeth. The bag held the teeth and dollar bills… the surgical team had gathered singles out of their pockets and put them in the bag…Tooth Fairy loot. The mom bursts into tears.

It was a very sweet gesture.

Loading spinner
                                        KyCyn
                                        Participant

That is a nice story, Rox.

I, too, miss the good ol' days – I still think it's a shame there were people who fought so hard to bring the DS down, for no reason other than not liking it. 

I still think we should just turn this into the DS, what would they do?  Ban us?  Most of us are gone now, anyway!

I'll start the topic and we'll see what happens (probably nothing, no one left to debate, but I'll try anyway)

Cyn

Loading spinner
                                          Jocelyn
                                          Participant

What topic did you start? About turning this into the DS? I don't think it is possible. Nothing stands out, and the threads move around too much.  I was going to leave something darksidey, but don't think anyone would notice it within this format. Not that they ever noticed my posts much anyway, but……yeah.

I lost my password for about over a month and didn't look for it. Then it mysteriously reappeared behind my piano, right after I read your post.

It didn't rain in Maine all summer this year!

Oh, and congratulations Cyn!!

My brother had a significant response to ipi. I am happy about that.

Does anyone else here watch Japanese horror movies?

That's all, for now.

Loading spinner
                                            Jocelyn
                                            Participant

What topic did you start? About turning this into the DS? I don't think it is possible. Nothing stands out, and the threads move around too much.  I was going to leave something darksidey, but don't think anyone would notice it within this format. Not that they ever noticed my posts much anyway, but……yeah.

I lost my password for about over a month and didn't look for it. Then it mysteriously reappeared behind my piano, right after I read your post.

It didn't rain in Maine all summer this year!

Oh, and congratulations Cyn!!

My brother had a significant response to ipi. I am happy about that.

Does anyone else here watch Japanese horror movies?

That's all, for now.

Loading spinner
                                              KyCyn
                                              Participant

That is a nice story, Rox.

I, too, miss the good ol' days – I still think it's a shame there were people who fought so hard to bring the DS down, for no reason other than not liking it. 

I still think we should just turn this into the DS, what would they do?  Ban us?  Most of us are gone now, anyway!

I'll start the topic and we'll see what happens (probably nothing, no one left to debate, but I'll try anyway)

Cyn

Loading spinner
                                                Fountainhead
                                                Participant

Yawn isn't a real boy? What's that all about?

Gee, you miss a year you miss a lot.

-Fountainhead

Loading spinner
                                                  TinaR
                                                  Participant

Took me YEARS to get there and you want me to spill it like *that* ( insert snapping sound). No, I'll bide my time…it's the best way, for now.  I'm a patient girl…join me.

Loading spinner
                                                    TinaR
                                                    Participant

Took me YEARS to get there and you want me to spill it like *that* ( insert snapping sound). No, I'll bide my time…it's the best way, for now.  I'm a patient girl…join me.

Loading spinner
                                                      Fountainhead
                                                      Participant

Yawn isn't a real boy? What's that all about?

Gee, you miss a year you miss a lot.

-Fountainhead

Loading spinner
                                                      TinaR
                                                      Participant

Very sad :( and going to get a lot worse…  Cyn is soon off to sail the 7 seas, dian is heading for what sounds like a year of all-girl vacationing all over the globe, Yawn isn't real and Raysa has been consumed by guilt over her participation in that drama.  John is the only one left who is really trying (and for a guy who just had his head examined…he's doing pretty well !!!) It's heartbreaking, for sure.

Nothing exciting to add ( as usual) so I'll add a story I just shared with the chat bitches—oops-the chat ladies…it's the sort of thing that makes you believe there are a lot of good people out there—seems all we hear about are the bad ones :(

…sitting in the hospital surgery waiting area was a very young couple . I was sitting near them as their little child was wheeled down the hall from surgery and the parents had a chance to see and kiss their sleeping child before they wheeled away to ICU ( they let all families see the patients right as they come out of operating room ). The surgeon came in wearing scrubs and handed them a bag. Seems their preschooler was having some sort of facial surgery and they had to remove a few teeth. The bag held the teeth and dollar bills… the surgical team had gathered singles out of their pockets and put them in the bag…Tooth Fairy loot. The mom bursts into tears.

It was a very sweet gesture.

Loading spinner
                                                        KyCyn
                                                        Participant

I'm glad you asked that, FH – I was wondering the same thing.

Rox, what's the story??

Cyn

Loading spinner
                                                          KyCyn
                                                          Participant

I'm glad you asked that, FH – I was wondering the same thing.

Rox, what's the story??

Cyn

Loading spinner
                                                        Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.