The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Re: MDX-1105

Forums General Melanoma Community MDX-1105 Re: MDX-1105

jim Breitfeller
    Participant

1106 and 105 target different parts of  a T cell inhibitory pathway, known as the PD-1 pathway.  PD-1 causes T cells to die and the partner molecule which triggers this (PD-L1, PD-1 ligand) is expressed by many melanomas. So, from the melanoma cell’s perspective, this is a strong self-defense pathway which causes the T cell to die when it encounters a melanoma cell. 1106 has been used more (so far) in melanoma and the results presented by our group and others at ASCO clearly show that 1106 has clinical activity in melanoma.  There is a phase 1 trial combining 1106 with ipi to see how safe it is to block 2 inhibitory pathways (CTLA-4 and PD-1).(at Yale and SLoan Kettering)

Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder

Melanoma International Foundation

The MIF Website and Forums are designed for educational purposes only and are not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through this Website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.

Re: anti PD-1 MDX 1106/MDX 1105 BMS (alankravitz)
      Posted: 2:44:20 pm on 8/16/2010 Modified: Never

I just posted for the first time today and am willing to share my experience with this immunotherapy about which there is very little public information due to its early stage of development, I am now in my 12 TH cycle, the last in this Phase 1B trial. My prior treatment was IL-2 to which I did not respond. I have had a partial response at the lowest of  the three dossage levels in the trial and have not had any significant side effects beyond some fatigue and a rash that responded very quickley when I was allowed a steroidal cream. I am in communication with several other patients at various locations who report positive results at all levels of treatment and at the other participating institutions as well as Yale where I am enrolled. Those of us involved in this and other related trials need to communicate with each other and with others who might benefit. We need to work together to insure that Bristol Meyers increase its efforts to develop the drug for both Melanoma and RCC where it shows considerable promise. We also need to work to insure that those, including myself, who have responded to treatment are able to recieve some form of continuing treatment without having to wait for a new threat. This last point is especailly important to those who have been through muntiple therapies that have not yielded durable responses.

Jimmy B

About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics