- August 25, 2010 at 4:12 am
Thanks for responding, yes… hoping for the best and preparing for the worst seems like a good plan to me. We have much to consider as 3 daughters are watching and waiting right along with us.
The vaccine trial offered to Bob… is 2 people get the vaccine and 1 gets the placebo. The frustration is that it is a 2 year commitment – we can only hope he gets some kind of treatment. If nothing else he will be getting tested more than normal.
Can you tell me the difference between immunotherapy and interferon? I thought it was the same thing? Interleukin-2 would not be offered to Bob unless it went into an organ or so Bob's doctor told him, which if that happened it would place him into stage IV.
Bob holds a full time job, running a truck shop and does not think he can do his job if he uses interferon for a year feeling sick. Not knowing how the company will react to his health (yes they know) this is a new area of worry let alone treatment worries (if he uses interferon) and it effects with his job if you know what I mean.
Second opinion… and decisions to make.